Can you set a month for calendar to a certain month

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Can you set a month for calendar to a certain month

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Juliet

Hello,
    We are thinking of purchasing the pro version, but first I want to make sure that you can set the month in which the Calendar defaults to. We are organizing a festival in October and tickets go live in August. We therefore want the Calendar to automatically bring up the month of October rather than the current month which will be August. Can you let me know whether this is possible and secondly how to do it!
    Thanks

Caroline

Hi there!

Thanks for getting in touch! We have a snippet for adding into your theme’s functions.php file that will change the default month for all of your calendar views to a specific month–perhaps this would work well for your needs? Let me know if you should have any questions about how to use snippets with Events Calendar PRO!

I hope that helps–let me know if there’s anything else I can do to assist! 🙂

Juliet

Brilliant that is great news, thank you for your help. I do have anther question on a slightly different topic –

Some of the titles of the our events are very long and so do not work well on the calendar view. Is there anyway of have a slightly shorter title appear on the calendar but the full view appear on the list view?

Caroline

Of course! If you’d like to trim down your calendar event titles to, say, only display the amount of text that will fit on one line, you can use CSS to target those elements and apply your own custom styling–the #tribe-events-content .tribe-events-tooltip h4 element should be the one you’re looking for! Any CSS you’d like to apply to your pages can be simply added into your theme’s style.css file. 🙂

Hopefully that helps to get you started in the right direction! Let me know if you should have any other questions!

Caroline

Hi again! It looks like you’ve marked a correct answer for this thread, which I hope means that you are all good to go now! I’m going to go ahead and close this thread out, but please don’t hesitate to follow up with a new thread if there’s anything else we can do to assist! 🙂 Thank you!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Can you set a month for calendar to a certain month’ is closed to new replies.