Can you add "tickets available" and "tickets sold" to the event overview page?

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Can you add "tickets available" and "tickets sold" to the event overview page?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Mike
    Participant

I paid someone to add in the functionality of viewing the “tickets available” and “tickets sold” as additional columns on the event’s overview page. In my business, this is core functionality, as we need to be able to look at large ranges of events and see what the sale progress is. I’ve been using an older version of TEC Pro/Wootickets/Woocommerce to maintain this functionality (and attendee info), but with the beta release of attendee info coming out, I would like to find a way to FINALLY bring us up to current code. The only thing holding me back is this feature.

Is there a way to do this in the current release code? Or, even better, is there a way to do this and still keep it upgrade proof (without altering core code)? I know there are ways to add in additional columns in the woocommerce overview page using filters, I am hoping the same functionality exists with TEC Pro/Wootickets.

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

When you mention this

“tickets available” and “tickets sold” as additional columns on the event’s overview page

I am not clear on what page you are referring to, is this in the admin or on the front end? Is that all the tickets for an event or per event?

Let me know and we can go from there.

Thanks

Mike
    Participant

This is the event overview page:
    /wp-admin/edit.php?post_type=tribe_events

This is similar in form and function to Woocommerce’s order overview or product overview pages. You can certainly view the ticket’s available and sold from within a single event, the problem is the ability to view the ticket’s sold and available for ALL events on the overview page.

In actual use (assuming the client is running multiple events), a backend user would select the appropriate filter and adjust the dates to view the event range in question. However, in vanilla format, all this shows is the event title/date/organizer/venue/start date/etc. The most IMPORTANT part to an event promoter is SALES. For that, we have to drill into the individual events.

The obvious fix is to add in the ability to view ticket’s sold/available as new columns. This way, you can view the health of all upcoming (and past) events, as selected by whatever filter you have chosen, without the mindless task of clicking through each event individually. Adding new columns is possible in Woocommerce and the older versions of TEC Pro + Wootickets (I know because I’ve had it done, and am still using a variation of the hack). The question is, how do I do it in the most CURRENT version of TEC Pro = Wootickets.

For promoters like me, who run literally hundreds of events every month, this is a must have. This is why I have paid other’s to add in this functionality for me, but really, I think it should be part of the core product add on for Wootickets (and similar ticket plugins).

Of note is that we did have an issue with displaying multiple ticket inventories within the columns. Our fix was to add in a “break” for each ticket type. For example, let’s assume I have an event with ticket 1 (5 sold of 30) and ticket 2 (15 sold of 30). In the event’s overview page, it would show in the “Sold” column “5 | 15” and in the “Available” column it would show “25 | 15”. While not ideal, it was easy enough for our staff to figure out.

Brian
    Keymaster

Hello,

Ok I understand what you are doing and where.

There is a WordPress filter and action to add custom columns to any post, page, or custom post type.

The filter is this:

manage_${post_type}_posts_columns

for events it is:

manage_tribe_events_posts_columns

https://codex.wordpress.org/Plugin_API/Filter_Reference/manage_$post_type_posts_columns

The action to add information is:

https://codex.wordpress.org/Plugin_API/Action_Reference/manage_posts_custom_column

Using that you can add the columns from a custom plugin without modifying any of the plugins.

I do not have any other coding for this and with the upcoming release of 3.10 and the beta for the advanced ticketing solution I would not want to release anything that might change as both are not finalized.

Cheers

Brian
    Keymaster

I am going to close this topic as we typically close threads if there is no activity after two weeks. Feel free to create a new thread and reference this one to save you time.

Thanks

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Can you add "tickets available" and "tickets sold" to the event overview page?’ is closed to new replies.