Can we please have an option to set an event's default ticket amount to 1?

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Can we please have an option to set an event's default ticket amount to 1?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Benjamin Roe
    Participant

I know you guys don’t want to make the default ticket amount 1, because that would be confusing and cause problems when events have multiple ticket types available for them, BUT I run a lot of events with only one ticket type, and I assure you it’s just as confusing for customers when there’s only one ticket type with a default quantity of 0. I actually had at least three people tell me they decided not to attend an event recently because they got so frustrated trying (and failing) to add a ticket to a cart. It’s usually a “duh” moment for them when I tell them they just need to increase the ticket quantity from 0 to 1, but the reality of my situation is that the vast majority of my sales are to customers who are buying a single ticket to an event that only has one type of ticket. For those customers, the current system is unintuitive, and I shouldn’t have to train customers on using a basic online shopping cart. Is there any chance the tickets themselves could have a “default ticket amount” field (maybe in the Advanced section? Near where you set the start date and end date for those ticket sales?), and that the general ticketing options in the Settings could allow the setting of a global default that gets overridden by anything set in the individual ticket fields, for those of us who usually need things one way or the other, but might occasionally deviate from it?

Hi Benjamin,

Thanks so much for reaching out again!

You can try adding the following snippet from WooCommerce in order to set the default quantity to one:

https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/adjust-the-quantity-input-values/

You can also add this idea to our Feature Requests, as we tend to implement ideas based on customer feedback, so your input is greatly appreciated:

https://tribe.uservoice.com/forums/195723-feature-ideas

Let me know how that goes!

Thanks,

Jaime

Benjamin Roe
    Participant

I’ve seen it requested as feature before (as here: https://tribe.uservoice.com/forums/195723-feature-ideas/suggestions/18784744-for-event-tickets-make-rsvp-default-to-1-instead), but it always gets declined, even though there are ways to implement it that wouldn’t break people’s sites. The response to the feature request I linked mentions a solution under development. I presume as an extension? Anywhere I can sign up for info on that when it’s done? Or is it done already, by any chance?

Hi Benjamin,

Unfortunately I do not have a timeline for if/when this feature will be implemented in the future.

For now, you can try using the snippet I provided you with or the snippet provided in the feature request.

Let me know if you have any other questions on this topic!

Thanks,

Jaime

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Can we please have an option to set an event's default ticket amount to 1?’ is closed to new replies.