Can we create an ICal file for download ?

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Can we create an ICal file for download ?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    John
    Participant

Can we create an ICal file for download ?

Brook
    Participant

Howdy John,

I would love to help you with this.

The calendar actualyl created a variety of iCal files, each that can be downloaded. For instance on month view you will see at the bottom the button “Export Months Events” which will download an iCal for that month. Or on the single event page you will see a similar button to download that event.

Are you trying to download the entire calendar’s events as an iCal? If so, are you trying to regularly download this file or just one time?

Cheers!

– Brook

John
    Participant

Hi Brook

We’ve recently re-vamped a website and we’d like to allow the members to download the entire years calendar -it’s only about 50 events for a local business association. We’d probably email them the link to do this.

But thanks for pointing out the existing ones 🙂 I’d completely missed it!

Cheers

John

Brook
    Participant

Ahh that makes sense. Well you should also checkout this snippet then:

https://gist.github.com/elimn/532aa266f1a74463509b

It could be inserted into your theme’s functions.php, at least that would be the easiest place to put it. As you can see it will add a new URL to your site: http://yoursite.com/events/?ical=1&year-feed If you hand this link to anyone they could download a years worth of events from today. If you would prefer they just download this years events instead (like all of 2016 so it will include past events as well) then I would adjust the start_date to be the start of this year instead of ‘now’.

Does that all make sense? Will that work for you? Please let me know.

Cheers!

– Brook

John
    Participant

Thanks Brook

I’ve done that (functions.php screenshot attached)

but get an error when loading site

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ‘$query’ (T_VARIABLE) in /home/visitmid/public_html/wp-content/themes/HHDBA/functions.php on line 34

Thanks

John

Brook
    Participant

Ooops. I just updated that file to make it backwards compatible with older versions of PHP. Can you try replacing the current one with this updated script?

https://gist.github.com/elimn/532aa266f1a74463509b

Did that work?

• Brook
    Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Can we create an ICal file for download ?’ is closed to new replies.