Can this be set up to manage a vacation rental?

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Can this be set up to manage a vacation rental?

• This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by Rob.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    steelbridgeweb
    Participant

I like your plugin. I am looking through all the options and wondering if your events pro along with wootickets could be configured to offer the “buyer” the option to purchase days in blocks of 2 or more? So if a rental property has a minimum 2-day purchase commitment, how would your product allow for the purchase of additional days. And would the calendar indicate sold days as unavailable? Possible with your plugin?

Rob

Hey steelbridgeweb. Thanks for the note, and for your interest! Happy to help you out best I can here.

It’s admittedly sort of tough handling bookings – not just registrations/sign-ups, but straight bookings – with WooTickets. In the situation you’ve outlined, my concern would be how you’d handle running out of stock. You’d also need to configure the days to which each ticket would be tied…remember that WooTickets all must be tied to a given “event”.

So: if you had, say, every weekend of the month available for bookings, you could assign two tickets to each weekend. Once those had been purchased that weekend would be claimed by the buyer and no further tickets/slots could be sold.

It’d work, but as much as I’d love to sell you on our product…I can’t help but think there may be a better solution out there for this – something more dedicated to straight property/space bookings, for example.

Hope that helps and sorry I couldn’t offer more. If you have other questions on this or if I’ve confused you here (which is entirely possible), let me know and I can update my response. Cheers.

steelbridgeweb
    Participant

Thanks Rob. I think it might work. Sounds like I would have to create a ticket for each day. So if we have 365 days available, then I’d have to produce 365 tickets, each assigned to a day/date. I imagine during the purchase process, selecting multiple tickets/days is easy to do?

Rob

Hey steelbridgeweb. You could definitely add multiple tickets into your cart, though – by default – those would be tied to the date entry they were “assigned” to. So if I bought a ticket for the April 25 entry, for example, I could add that to my cart. Then I’d go to April 26, add the ticket for that to my cart, and so on.

I hope that helps. If I can clarify any further, just give me a shout.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Can this be set up to manage a vacation rental?’ is closed to new replies.