Can the license be expanded to include cnames?

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Can the license be expanded to include cnames?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Kathy
    Participant

We have a testing area that we use so we can test all the updates before we attempt them on the live site. Unfortunately, it wont let us update the events calendar pro and ticketing pro. We are using the same domain but its in a different hosting account.
    domain.com and dev.domain.com
    Is there a way around this so we can test before live?

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. I’d be happy to help with your question.

We do have automatic update support for staging sites with some top level domains, but unfortunately not yet for subdomains. There are three options for your circumstance.

1) Switch the domain that is connected to your license when you start to do testing on your staging site, and switch back when you’re done.

2) Download the updated plugins from your Account Downloads Page and manually update them on your staging site.

3) Purchase an additional license, or upgrade to a license with more installs, to avoid either of the previous steps.

For more information about how our licensing works for development environments, check out this article: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/using-one-license-live-dev-sites/

Hope that helps! Please let me know if you have any additional questions about this.

Thanks,
    Sky

Kathy
    Participant

Manual download is perfect.

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi again,

Great! I’m glad that will work for you.

Please let us know if you have any questions or issues in the future.

Thanks,
    Sky

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Can the license be expanded to include cnames?’ is closed to new replies.