Can The Events Calendar (free version) do this?

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Can The Events Calendar (free version) do this?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Melinda McCaw

I need a way to allow users to sign up for classes. I have already created a custom post type called “Classes” that is used to collect the following information about each class that is created: Class Name, Date of Class, start time, end time, maximum class size, class description and the type of class. Is there a way to set up Events Calendar to allow people to sign up for the classes in my custom post type?

If not could input all of the above data into “events” (classes) in The Events Calendar and then access that data and pull it into the proper places in my template using events calendar template tags?

I also need to be able to set a limit of students per each class and when the number is reached in registrations close registration for that class. Also once a class has happened I don’t want it to show up as a class you can register for.

Is all of this possible with the free version of The Events Calendar?

Zach Tirrell
    Keymaster

Hi Melinda,

I don’t think The Events Calendar is going to work for what you are trying to do.

It’s possible that you could use the plugin to schedule classes as events. From there, you could use translation to rename “events” as “classes”. This would not give you the functionality to allow students to register though.

If you purchased Eventbrite Tickets you could have students register by getting tickets and configure the tickets as free with a limited quantity. Once registration was over, you could reduce the available ticket amounts to the number sold and that would stop anyone from getting additional tickets.

However, even with all of that in place, students would still see the events even after registering for them, unless you went in and changed them all to private when registration closes.

In summary, this seems like it could be possible using a paid ticketing add-on, under the right circumstances, if you were willing to deal with a bit of fiddling.

Let me know if that is helpful or if you have any additional questions.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Can The Events Calendar (free version) do this?’ is closed to new replies.