Can simultaneous scanning of QR codes become a problem?

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Can simultaneous scanning of QR codes become a problem?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Jack
    Participant

We moved the site to a VPS for a month. During one day about 3000 QR codes need to be scanned and 4 people will be doing that together, to allow attendees to enter quickly. Will this simultaneous scanning be a problem?

Cliff

Hi Jack. Thanks for your question, and congrats on your successful event!

The only feedback we’ve heard from users in this regard (that I’m aware of) is that they wish the check-in happened more quickly (since it has to load a wp-admin page).

If it’s 4 different people scanning, it’d be on your website hosting to make sure your wp-admin page loads quickly, especially if 4 people will be hitting it at the exact same time over and over for that stretch of time checking people in.

To answer your question directly, though, since each QR code has a unique ID, your check-ins shouldn’t be an issue as long as your 4 people have a reliable internet connection and your website can handle the peak load.

Jack
    Participant

Hi Cliff and thanks for explaining. We will check with the hosting company and ask for their advice.

About the only feedback you got so far, I agree :). This should be more quickly, if possible.

The only feedback we’ve heard from users in this regard (that I’m aware of) is that they wish the check-in happened more quickly (since it has to load a wp-admin page).

Cliff

Sounds good. Thanks for the update.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Can simultaneous scanning of QR codes become a problem?’ is closed to new replies.