Can Not See Events In The Events Calendar After Migration To New Host?

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Can Not See Events In The Events Calendar After Migration To New Host?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    afdenver
    Participant

Hi I can see that events exist but they do not populate the event list or appear on the calendar. I have not tested plugins as this is a live site. We use your program daily and need to be back in action ASAP.

Thank you

VW

Geoff B.

Good evening Martin and welcome to the Events Calendar Support forum!

Thank you for reaching out to us.

We are sorry to hear about the events not displaying properly after migration.
    I would love to help you with this topic.

The first thing I recommend is reading the following: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/downgrading-plugin-past-version/

Once that is done, try downgrading the Events Calendar Pro to 4.4.18 to see if that helps.

If it does not, can you try re-saving your permalink ?

If that still does not work, could you tell me what process was used for the migration (a simple copy of the Database and files ? a specialized plugin or service ? Manually changing the paths in the database ?)

Hang in there!

Geoff B.

afdenver
    Participant

Hi Geoff,

Found the devil… conflict between plug in “Custom Post Type UI”. Do you know of a quick fix?

VW

Geoff B.

Good evening VW,

Kudos on finding the culprit.

Since events ARE custom post types, I can see why there could be some interference between the 2 plugins.

The easiest fix would be to “tell that plugin” to ignore Events.

Could you please send me a copy of the latest version of that plugin via a link to a .zip file link (stored Dropbox or Google Drive) so that I can run some tests on my end ? I recommend a private reply for that purpose.

I cannot promise anything, but I would gladly take a look!

Have a good weekend,

Geoff B.

afdenver
    Participant

This reply is private.

afdenver
    Participant

Here is the solution to my problem. It seems that naming custom product taxonomies “start_date or “end_date” will prevent Event Calander Data from appearing.

Changed names to startdate, enddate and everything is working fine…

Is this by design?

VW

Geoff B.

Good evening VW,

Major kudos to you for finding a solution AND for sharing it for everybody’s benefit!

As you can imagine, start_date and end_date are key concepts to a Calendar (including ours).
    So I guess you could say that these are indeed by design.

Another approach would be to use a more specific name for your custom taxonomies (preventing further conflicts). E.g.: cust_prod_startdate

In any case, I am mostly glad you were able to hunt this down and fix it!

You are welcome back in our support forums any time 🙂

For now, I am going to close this thread.

Have a great week!

Geoff B.

Geoff B.

Good evening VW,

Just a quick follow-up to let you know that the conflict between the Events Calendar, Divi and the customizer has been resolved with the latest version of the Events Calendar Pro and Divi.

Give it a try if you can.

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Can Not See Events In The Events Calendar After Migration To New Host?’ is closed to new replies.