Can not add tickets to events

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Can not add tickets to events

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Alyson Evans
    Participant

Hi
    I have been using the calendar for about 6 months. I am now not able to add tickets to events. The section appears i add ticket and price and save and it disappears from the edit page and also does not appear on the actual event page.

Then sometimes days later it will appear.

Before you return me with your standard answer – yes i have disabled plugins used a staging site and changed to 21 theme and the problem remains. and yes i have updated versions of all your plugins.

It does however appear in woocommerce

Courtney

Hi Alyson

Can you look for Javascript errors on the admin dashboard AND on the front end of the same event? Using Your Browser to Diagnose JavaScript Errors.

Please share screenshots of the error messages you might see in those places.

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

Alyson Evans
    Participant

Hi Courtney
    Ok i have added define(‘SCRIPT_DEBUG’, true);
    I created a test event with a ticket and then got the debug stuff for that page attached.

Courtney

Hey Alyson

A few things… first, are you able to add tickets to upcoming events? The original link you shared is dated as one that is in the past. As such, tickets wouldn’t be available.

Second, are you seeing Javascript errors on the front end of a published event in the future, on the back end as an administrator editing the event, or both?

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

Alyson Evans
    Participant

I have created another one for you. Todays date is 17 may 2018 and the test event created is for the 19 may 2018.

there are screen shots of the back end and front end the debug stuff.

it is not showing up.

Courtney

Hey Alyson

In your screenshot of the editor, I see the panel to create a ticket. To be clear, are you able to successfully create a ticket when you select the +New Ticket option on this screen? When you publish the event, is that when the ticket does not appear on the front end?

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

Alyson Evans
    Participant

Please can we stop going round in circles here.
    I have pressed the add new and added the ticket it does not save. Can you please just tell me how to solve this issue!

We are now experiencing problems also as people are unable to pay for anything when they get to the cart.

Alyson Evans
    Participant

Just to be clear i added the ticket, saved, the circle went round as it if it saved and then nothing showed as if there was no ticket

Alyson Evans
    Participant

so after saving no ticket shows in backend on the event edit page and no ticket shows in front end. The pictures taken are of both

Courtney

Hey Alyson

I know this must feel like a run-around, but I can assure you the answers you’ve provided have narrowed this down to a host cache issue. Unfortunately, this is related to a known bug that we are currently working on.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused by this glitch and we are actively working on a solution for this.  I cannot guarantee when it will be fixed, as it’s in the development team’s hands now.  They need to assign it, code it, test it, and schedule it for release.  The good news is that you will be contacted as soon as a fix is available.

If you are using WP Engine, the workaround is to purge all cache after creating a ticket will make it show up. You can also disable WP Engine object cache.

If you are using WP.com or another hosting where you cannot disable or clear the cache, the only workaround would be to downgrade to ET 4.6.3.1

Thank you for your patience as we see this through.  Please let me know if you have any other questions in the meantime!

Thanks
    Courtney

Courtney

Hey Alyson

I know this must feel like a run-around, but I can assure you the answers you’ve provided have narrowed this down to a host cache issue. Unfortunately, this is related to a known bug that we are currently working on.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused by this glitch and we are actively working on a solution for this.  I cannot guarantee when it will be fixed, as it’s in the development team’s hands now.  They need to assign it, code it, test it, and schedule it for release.  The good news is that you will be contacted as soon as a fix is available.

If you are using WP Engine, the workaround is to purge all cache after creating a ticket will make it show up. You can also disable WP Engine object cache.

If you are using WP.com or another hosting where you cannot disable or clear the cache, the only workaround would be to downgrade to ET 4.6.3.1

Thank you for your patience as we see this through.  Please let me know if you have any other questions in the meantime!

Thanks
    Courtney

Alyson Evans
    Participant

Hi Courtney
    can you tell me more about downgrading to version 4.6.3.1 as do not have wp engine.
    This is a major problem as we have lost many bookings.

Courtney

Hey Alyson

You can grab the older version at https://theeventscalendar.com/my-account/downloads/. Just select the dropdown and pick the version you need.

We recommend conducting these tests on a staging server (https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/creating-using-wordpress-staging-site/).

Please keep me posted how the downgrade goes for now.

We will most definitely notify you here when a fix is available. So sorry for this inconvenience.

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

colombalondon
    Participant

I am having exactly the same issue described. Please indicate when this will be resolved as we are loosing important ticket sales.

Barry

Hi @colombalondon,

Reaching out to your host for assistance with clearing or disabling object caching is one workaround, or as Courtney indicated you could downgrade to an older version.

I’m afraid I can’t indicate when this will be resolved but we are certainly treating it as a high priority.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • The topic ‘Can not add tickets to events’ is closed to new replies.