Can I use two different slugs for different event categories?

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Can I use two different slugs for different event categories?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Gisella Walter

It seems we have our Events URL slug set to training. I would also like to have another slug called webinars-workshops and have events with the events category training show up at freewave.com/training and events with the events category webinars and workshops show up at freewave.com/webinars-workshops.
    With my current version, i don’t seem to be able to do this? Do I need to upgrade in order to do so? Or am I not configuring things correctly?

Please advise. Thank you- Gisella

Caroline

Hi Gisella,

Thanks for reaching out! At the moment, there is no way to change the base URL slug depending on the category of events that is being displayed. However, you can select a URL slug to be shared across all of your event types, then link to each event category to display a calendar with only events from that category. An example of a category-specific calendar can be seen here on our WP Shindig demo site:

http://wpshindig.com/events/category/wp-meetups/

For more information on event categories and how to work with them, you can check out our Knowledgebase article below! I’d also be glad to answer any specific questions you might have about how to use categories on your site. 🙂

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/event-categories/

I hope that helps to get you on your way here! Thanks again, and let us know if you should have any other questions!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Can I use two different slugs for different event categories?’ is closed to new replies.