Can I Use Stripe For Community Tickets Paymens

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Can I Use Stripe For Community Tickets Paymens

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Donovan
    Participant

Hey guys,

I’ve already bought The Events Calendar PRO with Community Events and Community Events Tickets but I do have a further question. I would like to use Stripe to checkout, and then I’ll cut users who create events a check after the event. Can I still checkout through Stripe on user created events?

Thanks.

Geoff

Hey Donovan,

Thanks so much for getting in touch and for using our plugins — I really hope you’re enjoying everything so far!

Good question and, yes, you can use Stripe with Event Tickets Plus. In fact, that setting would be in the e-commerce plugin you are using with it. Are you using WooCommerce, by chance? If so, there is a free extension for it that will help you set that up.

Will that work for you? Please let me know. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Donovan
    Participant

Hey Geoff,

I know that Stripe works with Events Tickets Plus. But looking at the Community Events and Community Events Tickets plugins more closely, I noticed that there was some text that stated that the user must input their Paypal email before they can post an event. What I plan on doing is sending out check to those who post their events and not paying them through Paypal. So in essence, I’m going to have to amend the Payment Options page to hide the Paypal options and display custom text for payments and what not. So to clarify:

1. Does a user HAVE to input their Paypal email to be able to post an event through the Community Events along with the Community Events Tickets plugin?

2. If the answer is yes, then how to I make it so that’s not a requirement? If it’s no, then can I assume that I can edit the plugin file to hide the Paypal inputs/info and place my own custom text?

Thanks

Geoff

Oh yes, so sorry, I must not have fully understood the question.

At the moment, Community Tickets + Event Tickets Plus only supports PayPal rather than Stripe. That’s been the only flexible API we’ve been able to configure with shared/split payments, though we are definitely interested in getting the same thing up and running with Stripe.

Sorry I missed that the first time through but does that help clarify things a bit? Please let me know.

Thanks!
    Geoff

Donovan
    Participant

Geoff,

I’m not talking about shared or split/shared payments at all. Can you please take a closer look at my questions.

1. When a user creates an event, if I have Stripe setup on my website. I only want checkout through Stipe. Is this possible?

2. Does a user HAVE to input their Paypal email to be able to create a paid ticket? If yes. Is there a way to bypass this?

Thanks

Geoff

Hi Donovan and hope you had a great weekend!

Sorry if my last reply appeared to skirt your questions, but I assure you the answer is the same.

With PayPal being the bridge between the plugins, it will need to be configured one way or the other, so that payment option is going to be active in addition to Stripe.

If you’re looking to hide certain elements so that it appears that Stripe is the only option, then I think that might be possible with CSS.

Cheers and please let me know if you have any other follow-up questions and I’d be happy to help as best I can.

Thanks,
    Geoff

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Can I Use Stripe For Community Tickets Paymens’ is closed to new replies.