Can I use Event Tickets Plus for offline sales?

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Can I use Event Tickets Plus for offline sales?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Paul B

Some people coming to my event are computer illiterate. If they pay me direct, can I manually enter their information and print a ticket out to post to them?

Caroline

Hi Paul,

Thanks for reaching out! If you need to process ticket orders manually to be paid and delivered in person, you can input an order for the ticket product in WooCommerce and keep track of your purchase this way. (You can read more about how to do this in the product documentation for WooCommerce.) However, it’s worth noting that manual orders entered into WooCommerce will not be “synced” back to Event Tickets Plus, which may result in your attendee records becoming inaccurate. I’d suggest only pursuing this option as a last resort with its limitations in mind.

I hope that helps! Thanks again, and let us know if you should have any other questions! 🙂

Paul B

Thanks for your reply. I wonder if a more elegant solution might be to create a 100% discount code which would presumably allow me to enter the information in the usual way (ie. as a customer) but without having to pay PayPal fees? Would that work…?

Caroline

Hi Paul,

That’s a great idea and one you absolutely could use in this scenario! 🙂 Simply create your discount code in WooCommerce and use it when placing any orders for offline customers. Of course, you’ll want to make sure you do this in a private/incognito browser window or when otherwise logged out of your account, as this will ensure that tickets won’t be incorrectly assigned to your own user credentials!

Let me know if you should have any other questions or concerns here! Cheers, and thanks again!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Can I use Event Tickets Plus for offline sales?’ is closed to new replies.