Can I turn off AJAX loading in grid calendar view

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Can I turn off AJAX loading in grid calendar view

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Steve

Hi, I have a calendar with quite a few events–about 6 per day–and it seems like the AJAX loading from month to month is painfully slow. Is it possible to disable this? Here’s the calendar in question:
    http://dpractice.postmodernsublime.com/events/2012-02

Rob

Hi Steve. Thanks for the heads up. I believe it may be possible but am not quite sure what that’d require. Let me get our dev Jonah to take a look and see if he can offer up any suggestions.

Have you tried deactivating other plugins, to see if this was a conflict? The AJAX loader should not be particularly impacted by 6 events per day but it’s definitely possible…

Rob

Hey again Steve. I had one of our devs check this issue out over the past couple days, and it’s definitely a problem. We’re working on it as a high priority for 2.1. Unfortunately, there isn’t much of a short-term solution we can offer up without digging into the code quite a bit. If one presents itself as we move towards 2.1 I’ll definitely post it in here.

Sorry I couldn’t offer up more here. Let me know if you need anything else.

Wesley E Childers
    Participant

I too would like to know if it’s possible to disable the AJAX loading (but for a different reason.) I have some jquery scripting working to show/hide certain category posts using a v.1 version of the plugin… but with the AXAX style loading of 2.0, things are complicated. the previous page load wasn’t a problem for me. Any help?

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Wes, unfortunately as Rob indicated we don’t have a short-term solution for this or a way to turn of the AJAX functionality. You’ll either need to wait for the 2.1 release (which this could be a few months out) or hire a developer to help you with the issue.

Sorry I can’t offer you more.

Cheers,
    Jonah

karen
    Participant

Hi, on this note.. I am using W3TotalCache. It is possible to load scripts by template. As best I can tell there are two templates for the events Calendar ECP-page_template and ECP-Single Template. I am not a coder so bear with me. which does the jquery.pjax.js and events.js use? or is it for both of them? That way I could load these on just one template. Perhaps that will help with the load. thanks

Dan
    Participant

As an update to Wes, I’m working on a similar thing to hide by category. It seems to me we should just be able to attach to the pjax load (according to the pjax documentation https://github.com/defunkt/jquery-pjax), as in $(document).on(‘pjax:complete’,function() { rerunHideOrShowFunction();});

However, when I run that I can’t get it to do anything, even when I attach it to $(‘#tribe-events-content’) instead of $(document). I’m not looking to make you do a tremendous amount of work, but is that the proper way to attach custom js on a new month load?

Luis Martinez
    Participant

Hi Dan, I’m trying to do the same thing you are (or at least similar — I am filtering by venue). $(‘#tribe-events-content’).on(‘end.pjax’,function() {…} worked for me where $(‘#tribe-events-content’).on(‘pjax:end’,function() {…} did not. I hope that helps!

Dan
    Participant

Thanks Katherine! That works perfectly.

Rob

Thanks for the tip, Katherine! Awesome to see that was of some use to Dan (and hopefully others who come down the road with the same concern).

If anyone else is still having issues here, please let us know.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Can I turn off AJAX loading in grid calendar view’ is closed to new replies.