Can I import events in bulk from my Facebook Events page?

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Can I import events in bulk from my Facebook Events page?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Tulio Edreira
    Participant

I can import individual events from Facebook (I use each event’s ID), but I was wondering if I can use a link of my whole personal events page to import all events at once to WordPress. Can someone help? Thanks.

Colin Carmichael
    Participant

Yes, you simply paste your FB page URL into the form instead of your event URL. If you choose “scheduled” it will check your page regularly for new events.

Geoff

That’s exactly right! Colin, you are spot on and I appreciate you helping out. 🙂

@awesomeberlin
    , you can step-by-step instructions for importing multiple events from a Facebook page here:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/import-from-feed-or-url/

Cheers!
    Geoff

Susan Bowman
    Participant

I believe the person asked from his “personal” events page indicating a personal profile instead of page or group. If that is possible please tell me how to make that work as I have only found ability to enter then individually by ID since mine is personal profile as well.

Geoff

Hi Susan,

Ah yes, thanks for clarifying! I think you are indeed correct about that and I appreciate you chiming in to point that out. 🙂

I am afraid that importing events in bulk from Facebook is only available to groups/pages rather than personal accounts. The reason for this has to do with limitations in the Facebook API that prevent Event Aggregator from being able to fetch data from personal pages the same way as groups/pages.

Sorry for the bad news but I hope this helps and, again, I appreciate the clarification!

Geoff

Tom
    Participant

Geoff,

Just starting to play around with EA and my question is similar. With the legacy importer, I could manually import FB events in bulk, with the field “Import events by their Facebook ID:….One event ID per line”

That was the most useful feature for me because I import FB events from all sorts of sources…personal pages, pages, groups, and it was an easy fast way to quickly import many unrelated FB events. Does the EA not have a way to import many unrelated FB events at the same time like the legacy importer did?

Geoff

Hi Tim,

I’m sorry, I’m afraid it does not. It is possible to have both Event Aggregator and Facebook Events active together to have access to those import options.

Since this thread is starting to deviate slightly from the main topic, I want to encourage any additional questions to be opened in a new thread — that will keep the conversation on topic and ensure that everyone gets direct answers to their questions.

Thanks!
    Geoff

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Can I import events in bulk from my Facebook Events page?’ is closed to new replies.