Can I have subsets of tickets to share inventory?

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Can I have subsets of tickets to share inventory?

• This topic has 8 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Kathy.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Kathy
    Participant

We need to be able to share inventory among sets of tickets for the same event. Any ideas how to pull this off?
    Its a bus tour with overnight rooms. So they need a ticket count for every person so they know they all have seats on the bus but then groups of people will be sharing hotel rooms and the price is adjusted based on how many people in the room. I actually had all this figured out but now we have the added hoop of needing to limit inventory on the types of hotel rooms. Here is the example:
    There are 100 seats on the bus
    There are 50 hotel rooms
    The hotel has 20 rooms with 1 king bed and 30 rooms with 2 double beds
    The price per person break down for tickets is
    1 person 1 king
    2 persons 1 king
    2 persons 2 doubles
    3 persons 2 doubles
    4 persons 2 doubles

Any help is appreciated

Kathy
    Participant

If there is a way to have an add on item to a ticket that also has its own inventory, I think I can make this work.

Hi Kathy,

Thanks so much for reaching out!

You can set a shared capacity for all of your 50 hotel rooms, and then set each ticket for the king bed to a capacity of 20 and each ticket for the double bed to 30.  It should look something like this:

Let me know if that helps!

Thanks,

Jaime

Kathy
    Participant

I have 2 follow up questions.

I assumed that shared capacity means each ticket is deducted from the same pool.  So if there are 100 seats for an event and I am selling to adults at $10 and Children $5.  I would set each ticket to shared inventory of 100 right?   I don’t care about the mix, I just need to be sure that I don’t sell more than 100 tickets total.   Do I have this assumption correct??
    Your solution below is nice however,  it will not work in this case because the tickets are per person and we can fit up to 4 people in 1 room.    Is there a way to have an add on item that also has an inventory limit?

Kathy Allen

Greenlight Websites

207-200-4126

[email protected]

GoGreenLight.ME
    Get Greenlight Connected:
    Website Design ~ Hosting ~ Managed WordPress ~ SEO ~ Spam Filtering ~ Domain Registration ~ Social Media Management

Hi Kathy,

Yes, your explanation of Shared Capacity is correct.  You can set up your tickets with that configuration in order to sell your tickets.

Unfortunately there is no way to set an inventory limit, but you can change the capacity for each of the ticket types so that there is a limit on how many you can sell for each one.  So for example, you can set the capacity for 4 persons 2 doubles to 10, but leave within the shared capacity.  Does that make sense?

Let me know if you have any other questions on this topic!

Thanks,

Jaime

Kathy
    Participant

Great suggestion but that will not work because we need to limit number of people for the entire tour and then also limit number of rooms (taking into account that multiple people will share 1 room).
    Do you know of any add on products that would allow us to have an add on item that can have its own inventory?
    An easier example: We have 30 tickets to sell and anyone of those people can also add a t-shirt to the ticket but we only have 10 tshirts.
    Will the event ticket work hand in hand with a woocommerce add on perhaps?
    thanks!

Hi Kathy,

You can do exactly that with WooCommerce products.  With WooCommerce Products, you would not have to purchase any add-ons and users can purchase tickets and products together, which would both appear on their cart and checkout pages.

Let me know if you have any other questions on this topic!

Thanks,

Jaime

Kathy
    Participant

How would I show the add on woocommerce item in the event ticket?  We would need it to all happen from one screen so we know which item goes to which person.

Kathy Allen

Greenlight Websites

207-200-4126

[email protected]

GoGreenLight.ME
    Get Greenlight Connected:
    Website Design ~ Hosting ~ Managed WordPress ~ SEO ~ Spam Filtering ~ Domain Registration ~ Social Media Management

Hi Kathy,

You can sell your tickets from the WooCommerce product page, which we usually hide.  This way, users can view the additional products side-by-side with the tickets.  You can use the customizations provided in the following tutorial to assist with that:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/selling-tickets-from-the-woocommerce-products-page/

Another option would be a WooCommerce extension, like Chained Products, so that you can connect the ticket and the products together.

https://woocommerce.com/products/chained-products/

For further questions on WooCommerce products, I’d recommend reaching out to WooCommerce Support.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Thanks,

Jaime

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Can I have subsets of tickets to share inventory?’ is closed to new replies.