Can I filter by country?

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Can I filter by country?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Pal Negyesi
    Participant

Hi
    We have installed EventsCalendar, then EventCalendarsPro, then we got frustrated and turned elsewhere. Now we are back as the other plugins were useless for our purposes.
    So here’s the problem. I am building a regional events’ calendar with events from about a dozen countries. I would need to set up a search function, where users can see events in a given country.
    And I can’t do it. Search near location is a bit quirky, but I made to do what I wanted to do. But it does not include country-wide search.
    Alternatively would like to add another filter, with a dropdown of countries, but we have no idea how to do it.
    Is it possible to introduce filtering by country?

Thanks for any ideas

Casey D

Hello pnegyesi,

Welcome back! Sorry it didn’t work out the first time.

Out of the box, our plugin isn’t exactly built for this functionality. Users have the ability to search by location, but that is not quite the same functionality you are looking for.

I would recommend you take a look at our premium Filter plugin. With the filter plugin, you can add a country category to each event and then users can select which country they want to show on the calendar.

We unfortunately don’t have a live demo set up anywhere but here is a screenshot of it in action. There are a few more screenshots on the product page on the link above.

2014-04-29 at 2.37 PM

Does this make sense? Let me know if I can explain anything else!

Cheers!

– Casey Driscoll

Pal Negyesi
    Participant

Yes, this proved to be a viable option, though we have to add a new field to each event (effectively duplicating the country field).
    You may want to consider including Venue fields in your filters plugin

Thanks for your help

Casey D

Sounds good, we’ll definitely make a note of it.

We’d love it if you would leave us a review and let people know how much you like the plugin! http://m.tri.be/jt

I’ll go ahead and close this thread. Let us know if we can help with anything else.

Cheers!

– Casey Driscoll

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Can I filter by country?’ is closed to new replies.