Can I edit the language file on wordpress.com site?

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Can I edit the language file on wordpress.com site?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    papadia_
    Participant

I would like to edit the language (Greek) of my Events Calendar PRO plugin, but I am only able to find instructions that seem to refer to wordpress.org sites (https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/how-to-override-plugin-language-files/), which I cannot apply to my site. Am I looking at the wrong place or is this something not offered to wordpress.com users?

Courtney

Hey there Maria

I am working to find a better solution for this.

In the meantime, can you tell me a little more. What would you like to customize specifically?

If it is possible, could you try the My Custom Functions plugin.ย 

Also, please send in a support ticket to http://support.wordpress.com of the same nature.

Finally, we’d love more contributors to our Greek translation: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/adding-or-updating-a-translation/.

Please keep me posted on your progress and what specifically you would like to change. In the meantime, I’m also reaching out behind the scenes for a better answer.

Thanks
    Courtney ๐Ÿ™‚

Courtney

Hi Maria

https://wordpress.org/plugins/say-what/ could be a workaround for now as well. Still researching.

Thanks
    Courtney ๐Ÿ™‚

papadia_
    Participant

Hello, Courtney.

Mostly untranslated words (i.e. conjunctions, prepositions) and incorrect conjugation. Not much really, but I feel they compromise the quality of the website and I would like to have them corrected.

I’m not sure how to use My Custom Functions. It looks like it needs coding. I’ve downloaded it, but I’ve just read that it works only on wordpress.org websites:
    Q. Will this plugin work on my WordPress.COM website?
    A. Sorry, this plugin is available for use only on self-hosted (WordPress.ORG) websites.

Is Greek translation being updated quickly once translations are submitted? How long should I wait for them to be included in an update?

Courtney

Hi Maria

Many plugin developers may not yet be aware that WordPress.com business users can actually install WordPress.org hosted plugins, or upload premium plugins. I did a test that on our business WordPress.com account, I was able to install Say What and My Custom Functions. My Custom Functions would be how to get around needing access to files using the Themer’s Guide for overriding our files.

I do think that the Say What plugin will be much easier for you to use. I was able to install it on our account and then go to Tools ยป Text Changes.

You might find it easier to access these settings in a more traditional WordPress Dashboard. From your normal login dashboard, select the “My Site” tab. On the left, scroll down to WP-Admin.

Can you try installing Say What and see if that works for you?

Our premium plugins can be shared quickly. However, we rely on community members that wish to do the work of translating the files. On WordPress.org, they control how quickly our free plugins there get updated. The Events Calendar and Event Tickets.

Is there anything else I can help you with?

Thanks
    Courtney ๐Ÿ™‚

papadia_
    Participant

Hi. Just wanted to let you and/or anyone else interested know that editing is possible with the Loco Translate plugin.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 3 months ago by papadia_.
    Courtney

Great to hear. Thanks Maria. I will pass that on to our translation team too. We don’t often encounter clients using WordPress.com and do appreciate knowing what has helped and worked there.

Thanks
    Courtney ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Can I edit the language file on wordpress.com site?’ is closed to new replies.