Can I customize the events calendar pro categories?

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Can I customize the events calendar pro categories?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Jennifer Dodd

Hi!

We would like to use the calendar to be able to narrow down the search for events in our town quite specifically. From what I see on your sales page, I see that you can choose categories, tags, etc.

The issue we’re having with our current calendar is that if I choose 2 tags, it shows all of the events that have each of those tags, whereas we want it to narrow down to show only events with BOTH of the tags.

For example – If I have a mother who has a 4 year old, and she’s looking for a free program that is a drop in program, we can’t get that specific and she’s overwhelmed trying to search through dozens of events!
    I can make a category that is for her age group, I can make a tag for free (not paid), and I can make one for drop in (not registered). As soon as I chose the free tag and the registered tag, it’s now showing all of the free, paid, registered and drop in events.

What I would love to have our “narrow down your search” include and I hope that you can provide:

Age Category
    Free/Paid
    Drop In/Registered

and then the other wonderful choices that I see like the day of the week, the organizer, etc. so it gets more and more specific with each choice

Please let me know if this is a definite possibility!
    Thank you!

Courtney

Hi Jennifer

I believe child categories would be an easier way than searching for 2 tags, if that would fit your needs.

We do also have a product that puts the user in control of easily finding exactly what meets their criteria. Filter Bar can be seen as the 2nd row on our demo site: http://wpshindig.com/events.

The only requirement for this plugin is that you are running our free The Events Calendar plugin as well.

Does that help answer some of your questions?

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Can I customize the events calendar pro categories?’ is closed to new replies.