Can I customize the Community Events submission page?

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Can I customize the Community Events submission page?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Earl Richmond
    Participant

I’d like to add some instructions on the page where users add a new community event.

Is there a shortcode for the submission form? That would be ideal!

You will need a login to access the site, which I will send as a private reply.
    Thank you!

Earl Richmond
    Participant

This reply is private.

Earl Richmond
    Participant
    Jeremy
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us! I’d be happy to help you 🙂

You could customize the Community Events submission page to add some instructions for example, but that would require some coding. First, I would recommend you to read this article in our Knowledge base about how to customize template files.

In your case, the file you might want to edit is the one located at wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar-community-events/src/views/community/edit-event.php.

You can then override this template in your own theme by creating a file at wp-content/themes/[your-theme]/tribe-events/community/edit-event.php.

For now, there’s no shortcode to create a submission form, however, feel free to add a vote in our UserVoice! Someone already suggested that feature. The more votes a feature idea gets, the more chances it has to become a new feature 😉

I hope this helps,

Cheers,
    Jeremy

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Can I customize the Community Events submission page?’ is closed to new replies.