Can I create a comming soon event with Events Calendar Pro?

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Can I create a comming soon event with Events Calendar Pro?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Ángela Guzmán
    Participant

I need to create an event in my website but I don’t know the date yet, so I want to create a coming soon event. Is it possible? How can I do it? Thanks.

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Ángela,

There is not currently a way to create an event without any date, but you could do a customization to hide the date (or hide the event from particular views, like month view for example). One way to do this would be by using categories. We are a bit limited in the amount of support that we can provide for customizations, but if you can provide some more details on how you would like this to work, like where you want the events to display or not display, I’ll be happy to point you in the right direction!

Ángela Guzmán
    Participant

This reply is private.

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Ángela,

I’m sorry for the delayed response, we’ve had quite a heavy volume in the forums here lately.

There will be a few steps involved in getting this set up, so I will try to provide some recommendations to get you started here:

1. Create a category for events that you want to hide and assign it to those events
    2. Following the instructions in the themer’s guide, you can use the tribe_event_in_category function to check if the event has that category before displaying certain details on the single event page.
    3. For the date and time under the event title, the template you’ll want to copy can be found at wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/views/single-event.php. In your copy, you can change this line:

', '

' ); ?>

to this:

', '

' ); endif; ?>

4. For the details section, the template you’ll want to copy can be found at wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/views/modules/meta/details.php. I went ahead and added in the code here, so you can copy/paste this template into your child theme.
    5. Note that for both templates, you’ll want to replace “testing” that you see in my examples with the slug for the category that you create.
    6. If you would like to hide these events from different views on the front end, I would recommend taking a look at this snippet as a starting point.

If you get stuck or have any questions, please let me know!

Thanks,

Jennifer

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Can I create a comming soon event with Events Calendar Pro?’ is closed to new replies.