Can I check in attendees with a bluetooth QRCode scanner?

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Can I check in attendees with a bluetooth QRCode scanner?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Benjamin Thomas
    Participant

Hi,

We have Event Tickets Plus and have just ordered this wireless scanner: https://www.honeywellaidc.com/CatalogDocuments/voyager-1452g-data-sheet-en.pdf

Could you please advise if we need to make any changes in order to check in attendees by scanning QR Codes using this scanner?

Kind regards,

Ben

Geoff

Hello Ben and thanks for getting in touch!

Yes, I believe that any QR code reader should do the trick of checking in guests via QR code as long as it’s connected to the internet and able to read/open the link.

I’m not familiar with that specific QR scanner, but if it doesn’t work, you can always use a QR scanning app from your mobile phone and that will certainly work as well.

Does this help answer your question? Please let me know. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Benjamin Thomas
    Participant

Hi Geoff,

Thank you for your reply.

So essentially as long as I am logged in to the backend with admin rights (or at least author rights) and the scanner is connected/paired to my laptop / tablet via Bluetooth, it should work right?

Kind regards,

Ben

Geoff

That sounds correct to me! If the scanner is connected to the laptop and scanning the code triggers the laptop to open a URL, then that will work just fine.

Thanks!
    Geoff

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Can I check in attendees with a bluetooth QRCode scanner?’ is closed to new replies.