Can EventBrite Tickets Plugin be used for EventBrite events with Registration

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets Can EventBrite Tickets Plugin be used for EventBrite events with Registration

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Don

Hi,
    Can EventBrite Ticket plugin be used to automatically create EventBrite events that require registration? That is, instead of getting a “Buy” button, it will display a “Register” button. On clicking “Register” button, I would then see EventBrite’s registration section

Thanks,
    Don

Rob

Hey there Don. Thanks for reaching out here, and for your interest in Eventbrite. If I understand your goal correctly it is just to be able to set up events that require registration but not payment…so, free events (to which folks RSVP instead of buy a ticket)? If so, then this is possible: you can just set up your event as cost-free and upon publication users will not have to go through any Paypal-related payment steps to claim their ticket.

Hope that helps. If I’ve misunderstood the issue here, let me know and I’ll adjust my response accordingly.

Don

Hi Rob,
    Thanks for the reply.
    If I go directly to EventBrite, I can create an event which requires registration AND ticket payment.
    Having bought your plugin, I would like to know if the plugin supports this kind of event and if so, how do we configure it?

Cheers,
    Don

Don

Hi Rob,
    Just to clarify, EventBrite has an Event Type called “Registration Event”

Registration Event
    Choose this option if your event is a registration event (e.g. conference, endurance event, etc.).
    Example terms: Register, Registration Information, Registration Type

Does your plugin support creation of this type of event?

Thanks,
    Don

Joyce Grace

Hello Don,

Have you tried importing “Registration Event” and did that not work for you? Do other types of events work for you when you import or create from the Events Calendar?

Just curious if you’ve had a look over of our New User Primer for the EventBrite add-on?

https://theeventscalendar.com/support/documentation/eventbrite-tickets-new-user-primer/

Marek
    Participant

I have the same question/problem. All of our events are FREE – which only require registration. The problem is after I create the event in WP w/ paid event tickets plugin, the page looks great (see screenshot http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8452353/Screenshots/1g.png), but when you click on “Register” the user is then redirected to Eventbrite.com website to complete the registration. Is there a way to stay on my domain name and complete registration without leaving my website?
    Any help MUCH appreciated. — Marek
    (I bought both plugins the Event Calendar pro and Eventbrite tickets.)

Rob

Hey Marek. Thanks for the follow-up here, and for the screenshot you’ve provided. What you’re requesting is on our radar and is planned for the next phase of this plugin; if it doesn’t make it into next month’s maintenance release it’ll likely be the one after.

When we built the plugin we were limited by the Eventbrite API on this and weren’t able to keep everything contained within the user’s site; however our devs may have a workaround and since we have seen a lot of requests for this we’re going to do our best to make it happen.

Hope that helps and sorry I couldn’t offer up more in the short-term. If you have any other questions please let me know.

Marek
    Participant

Hey Rob,
    Are you able to confirm if this feature will make it into the next release? And when the next release will be launched? My client needs to make some decisions on implementation of their event handing website, and the timing of this new feature will help us know how to plan. I would greatly appreciate any feedback on a more tighter timing.

thank you.

Leah

Hi Marek,

Since Rob posted that, we’ve changed the game plan a little. We’re working on a WooTickets plugin that would allow all of the registration, etc. to take place within the WordPress site, without being redirected. Then hopefully we’ll rework the Eventbrite plugin into a similar framework that would work without the Eventbrite branding and look more like our current Events admin panel.

If you or your client is interested in participating in the beta for the Wootickets release and can provide feedback, send us an email at pro /a/ tri.be and we’ll get you hooked up. Otherwise, I’m afraid I’ll just have to ask for your patience. This is definitely a popular request, and we’re working hard to make it all happen.

Thanks,
    Leah

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Can EventBrite Tickets Plugin be used for EventBrite events with Registration’ is closed to new replies.