Can Event Submitters Use Post Categories?

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Can Event Submitters Use Post Categories?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Susan
    Participant

Can the community event form be set up so submitted events can be assigned to post categories?

Patricia

Hey Steve,

Thank you for reaching out to us!

Can you please add the following snippet in your theme’s functions.php file (as mentioned in this thread) and let me know if it works for you?

https://gist.github.com/GeoffEW/bc4e5ede6be660d446e3e4cf4bca5b8c

I hope this helps! If you need anything else or have further questions please let me know and I’ll be happy to assist!

Regards,

Patricia

Susan
    Participant

Hi Patricia,

Thanks very much. Unfortunately, that snippet did NOT change the category flow on the Community Add Event form. A previous snippet that I gleaned from the forums helped get the main categories to appear and work in the Events Calendar dashboard Add event form. But, no go on the community form.

Steve

Patricia

Hi Steve,

This is just a quick follow up to let you know that we are reviewing this code and verifying if there’s an easy way to update it to work with Community Events submission form as well.

We will return to you as soon as we have further information on this!

Regards,

Patricia

Susan
    Participant

Hi Patricia,
    Checking back on this.
    Thanks.
    Steve

Patricia

Hi Steve!

Please accept our sincere apologies for the delayed response. I believe that by the end of the week we might have an update on this.

Since the number of threads in our forums increased significantly in the last few weeks, we didn’t have the time to review customization requests yet.

Thank you for your understanding and let us know if you need anything else in the mean time!

Regards,

Patricia

Patricia

Hi Steve,

Today I’ve spent some time reviewing your request and came up with this customization to assign Community Events to Post Categories. Please follow these steps to implement the custom code:

– To enable support for post categories to tribe-events, please add this code in the end of your theme’s functions.php file:

https://gist.github.com/nefeline/2ba493757a153d4a814e2a2ebddb5c36

– To be able to submit and edit a community event using Post Categories, please add the following template override to [your-theme]/tribe-events/community/modules/taxonomy.php:

https://gist.github.com/nefeline/fe8c4847db9413aaa38c169c4af96422

– To display the Post Categories associated with community events in the community/list page, please add the following template override to [your-theme]/tribe-events/community/columns/category.php:

https://gist.github.com/nefeline/adeac60dca2a8af3fd5281949386e6d8

With these three snippets you would be able to assign community events to post categories.

Please let me know if everything works as expected after implementing these changes!

If you need anything else in the mean time or need further assistance with this, please let me know.

Regards,

Patricia

Susan
    Participant

Patrica,
    Thanks a mil for creating these snippets. I cannot get the theme & plugin to use this taxonomy file. Pretty certain the path is correct.
    Steve

Patricia

Hi Steve!

Can you please specify what is the issue you are experiencing while implementing these template overrides? Are you getting any PHP errors?

The widgets are working as expected as I can see from here.

Thanks,

Patricia

Susan
    Participant

The plugin reverts back to the original taxonomy.php file. If I bring a copy of that file over to my theme it will use that. But, if I load in the file with your snippet it reverts back to using the original file in the plugin directory. Debugging WP no error arise related to the plugin.

Patricia

Hi Steve,

I’ve asked one of my colegues to test these snippets and he verified that you must have at least 1 Event Category in place, otherwise the Taxonomy module won’t be displayed.

I didn’t notice this before because I already had multiple event categories AND post categories created in my website.

Can you please make sure that you are adding the taxonomy.php file in your child theme at econature-child/tribe-events/community/modules/ ?

Also, please make sure that you have at least 1 event category registered so the Taxonomy Module will be displayed in the Community Events Submission Form.

I hope this helps! Le me know if everything works as expected now.

Regards,

Patricia

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘Can Event Submitters Use Post Categories?’ is closed to new replies.