Can custom fields link to a URL in an event listing?

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Can custom fields link to a URL in an event listing?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    mobloggy
    Participant

I want to make a custom field called “RSVP” with a facebook link. I tried using html to create the link in the text field but it just displayed my line of code. THANKS!

Rob

Hi there Shannon. Thanks for bringing this up; it does look like links (whether added directly or via HTML) are not working in the custom fields. This isn’t intentional and is more an oversight on our end…which thanks to you bringing to my attention, I’ve logged with the team accordingly.

No guarantees we’ll be able to fix it by ou 6/4 release but I’ve asked them to try. I’ll keep you posted once I know for sure, and my apologies for the inconvenience on it in the interim.

mobloggy
    Participant

Cool, thanks Rob!

Rob

Sorry I couldn’t offer more, Shannon. We’ll get this taken care of one way or another.

Jim
    Participant

Hi Rob (and Shannon)… I’m experiencing the same thing with the latest update (2.0.7)…
    In the previous version we had installed (2.0.6) and a custom theme, we were able to add HTML into a custom field and everything worked as expected. We’ve created the same event again for a new date and venue, added in the HTML in the custom field and as Shannon notes, the code shows up, not the link.
    Interestingly, though, the “old” event page (created in 2.0.6) which has the same HTML in the custom field still shows the correct link (and as a link not code).
    Not sure this will help you much but just thought I’d add this info for you.

Joyce Grace

Thanks Jim, our new release (2.0.8) is coming out very soon, within a week or two (they come out at the beginning of every month). Can you try again after updating to the latest version when it comes out, and let us know if this still happens? And also if the older links, that you created on an older version, still show up properly? It will help us with debugging things.
    Thanks!

Christopher Roy
    Participant

This is an important feature for us. Hoping that it is fixed in next release. It worked fine until the last couple of versions where it broke. This is a pretty key feature to be able to add links for registering events with different event providers. Thanks for your help. Please try and get this into the next release. Thank you!

Joyce Grace

Thanks Christopher, we’ll try!

Chris
    Participant

Guessing you guys don’t need any further help but if you do just create a new thread, thanks!

-Chris

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Can custom fields link to a URL in an event listing?’ is closed to new replies.