Can any user of Community Events add tickets if WooTickets is installed?

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Can any user of Community Events add tickets if WooTickets is installed?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    bodin
    Participant

Hi,

I am a very satisfied user and customer of both Event Calendar PRO and the Community Events. I am now planning on purchasing the WooTickets add-on to be able to handle tickets for some of the Events that are submitted on the Event Calendar.

My question is the following:
    Do the WooTicket plug-in/add-on give users of Community Events the option to add tickets or is it purely integrated to the Event Calendar?

The reason to why I ask is that my setup and usage of the Event Calendar PRO and Community Events is that users who may add Community Events must be registered as subscribers to my WordPress site. BUT I do not want everyone to be able to add tickets to the Events that they submit. I would like to restrict that in some way. 🙂

Thank you in advance!

Barry

Hi!

Right now there is no way for people submitting events via Community Events to set up tickets for sale via WooTickets … however an administrator can certainly handle this manually.

Does that help?

bodin
    Participant

Hi Barry!

Thank you for taking time to answer.
    Your answer partly answers my question. 🙂

The thing is that I do not allow anonymous submission of Events in the Community Event. The “user” must be registered as a subscriber.
    But when I have the user registered with the role as subscriber, once they have logged on to Community Events they get the Admin Bar at the top, which gives the access to the “Event” tab, and they can add Events that way and there it shows the “Tickets” section.

If I disable the Admin Bar, the users cannot access their profile to update ie. their password.

I am not sure that I make myself understandable. 🙂

Sincerely,
    Andreas

Barry

Yes that’s understandable: remember though that subscribers should only be able to submit those events for review – not publish them – so there is a safeguard there.

It’s probably also possible to tweak the admin bar and remove items such as the Events entries when users are subscribers and indeed you could catch attempts to access the event editor (by subscribers) and redirect them.

Unfortunately we can’t guide you through all of that, though you may find snippets in the forum that are relevant and could help you to put a solution together.

I hope that helps and gives some reassurance that subscribers cannot (should not) be able to publish events where the Default status for submitted events is Draft.

bodin
    Participant

Thanks again Barry for taking the time to answer!
    You answer gives me a guidance to what I shall look for.

Again, thank you for taking your time to answer!

Sincerely,
    Andreas

Barry

No problem, I hope you get on track 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Can any user of Community Events add tickets if WooTickets is installed?’ is closed to new replies.