Can a shortcode display a venue's events, month view?

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Can a shortcode display a venue's events, month view?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    David Plumstead
    Participant

I started a topic in pre-sales a few hours ago but decided to purchase and see if support was faster in here 🙂

As the title says, I’m looking to have multiple, month-view calendars (on separate pages) that show the events for their respective venues.

Do I use “Venues” for this (does the shortcode support displaying events for a venue this way) or do I have to make each location a category, for which I know the shortcode will behave how I need it to, but ultimately makes the venues post type redundant / useless.

For more context:
    https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/can-i-achieve-this-with-venues-shortcodes/

Thanks,
    Tyler

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Tyler,

Thanks for becoming a premium user!

I think using venues would be your best option so that you can take advantage of some of the venues features like the ability to display Google Maps on your events.

You are correct that “venue” is not currently a parameter that is available with the tribe_events shortcode. Have you tried using the tribe_featured_venue shortcode? This will let you specify a venue and display all upcoming events for that venue.

Let me know how that works!

Thanks,

Jennifer

David Plumstead
    Participant

Hi Jennifer,

I’ve been on holidays. I have not tried that shortcode. It sounds like it might work – but can I show those events in a month calendar view with that shortcode? I’ll see what I can come up with this afternoon. Thanks for the suggetion.

Tyler

David Plumstead
    Participant

I have tried the tribe_featured_venue and it is not what I am looking for.

It:
    – only shows events in a list view, as far as I can tell
    – builds out a venue page with (optional) map, etc.

I already have a listing directory set up which places each location on a map. It would be redundant to have map > location page > link to calendar that includes map, location info on ever listing, etc.

So, I guess it’s back to categories then! This way I can drop a short code for a full-month view on a page that will be linked to (if not embedded in) the location’s listing page.

If there’s another option I’m not thinking of, I’d love to hear it.

Tyler

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Tyler,

If you’re looking for a full calendar view, then the categories are going to be your best bet. I’m sorry I don’t have a better solution for you at the moment! But I would recommend posting this as a feature request over in our Feature Ideas Forum. This is what we use to gauge user interest in new features and help guide future development efforts.

If there’s anything else I can help with, please let me know!

Thanks,

Jennifer

David Plumstead
    Participant

Thanks, I did just that. In case someone else stumbles on this thread looking for the same thing, the feature request is posted here for you to vote on 🙂

https://tribe.uservoice.com/forums/195723-feature-ideas/suggestions/32829778-add-venue-parameter-for-tribe-events-shortcode

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Thanks for adding that request and for sharing the link here! You are not the first person to have asked about this, so I’m sure other users will find this helpful.

Since this thread has been marked “Resolved”, I’ll go ahead and close it out. Please feel free to open up a new one if you have any other questions!

Thanks,

Jennifer

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Can a shortcode display a venue's events, month view?’ is closed to new replies.