Can a Photo view be applied to Upcoming Events?

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Can a Photo view be applied to Upcoming Events?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Squidz

I’m interested in a photo style view of a limited number (3-5) of upcoming events on our home page, side by side, while having a full calendar view elsewhere in the site. Is this possible with the Pro calendar?

[photo/event block][photo/event block][photo/event block]

I find mention of photo view for a calendar but not necessarily a short list of upcoming events within specific content area, not a sidebar widget.

Geoff B.

Good evening Squidz and welcome to the Events Calendar forum!

Thank you for your interest in our products.
    We’ll be glad to answer your questions.

I’m interested in a photo style view of a limited number (3-5) of upcoming events on our home page, side by side, while having a full calendar view elsewhere in the site. Is this possible with the Pro calendar?

Yes, you could do that.

Using Pro let’s you embed the full calendar view of your choice via a shortcode (including the Photo View): https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/embedding-calendar-views-tribe_events-shortcode/

You could control how many images are displayed via other display rules or by using CSS.

Let me know if that helps.

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

Cole
    Participant

Hey Geoff, I bought the Pro license and have easily set up the photo view. However, I don’t see any info in the Shortcode reference to attributes that will limit the number of events showing. I noticed such a setting in the Pro Widget Shortcodes.

You mentioned this could be done by “other display rules.” Can you elaborate? Do I need to post into the Pro forum for that?

Geoff B.

Hey Cole,

Thank you for chiming in.

You are correct, there is currently no “limit” parameter for our freshly released full calendar shortcode.

The display rule you can use can be seen in the screenshot below:

neumberperpage

Additionally, you can control specifically the photo view by using a snippet like this one: https://gist.github.com/elimn/8fd157765d5aea751e66526183b8c8c7 in your theme’s functions.php

Let me know if that helps.

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Can a Photo view be applied to Upcoming Events?’ is closed to new replies.