Calling a list of Events outside of WordPress directory

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Calling a list of Events outside of WordPress directory

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    David
    Participant

I have the blog that uses ECP installed outside of the root directory, but I want to show event links on a static page in the root directory, like the home page. I was hoping you would be able to send over a simple snippet of code for me to use to do this.

Here is the code I am currently using to show the latest posts on my home page:

Latest Post:
    Read More…

What I am Looking to do:

Similar to above code, but show the upcoming 3 events on my home page, only showing the “Title” of the event and “Date” next to it, linked up to it’s respective URL.

Any help would be appreciated. GREAT software BTW.

Rob

Hi David. Thanks for the note and for your words on the plugin. If I understand what you want to do correctly, the use of template tags should be able to help you out. Have you checked our template tag documentation on this (https://theeventscalendar.com/support/documentation/) to see if it points you in the right direction?

David
    Participant

How come the php code didnt show up in my post? Do I need to wrap it with something for it to show up?

I am not familiar with the template tags or how to use them. I was hoping you could provide me with a quick snippet of code to use so I can guarantee my client I can do what she wants before she purchases a license of ECP.

David
    Participant

when i say oho code in my post, I am referring to the forum post (the first one above)

David
    Participant

*oho = php

Rob

Hey David. You should be able to add your PHP with the < code > tag. Like this:

Here is my code.

Hope that helps. As for the core issue you asked about — a snippet of code — I’ll see what our developer Jonah can offer up. You can expect to hear from him shortly.

David
    Participant

Ok Thanks Rob, Here is the code I am looking to reproduce, though “events” instead of “posts”:

Latest Post:
    Read More...

David
    Participant

[?php
    require(‘blog/wp-blog-header.php’);
    ?]
    [?php query_posts(‘showposts=1’); ?]
    [?php while (have_posts()): the_post(); ?]
    [div]
    [h2]Latest Post: [?php the_title(); ?][/h2]
    [p][?php the_excerpt(); ?] [a href=”/blog/”][strong]Read More…[/strong][/a][/p]
    [/div]

[?php endwhile; ?]

David
    Participant

i replaces all the with [] so you could see my code…semms silly, but it worked ; )

Jonah
    Participant

Hi David, if you take a look at the tribe_get_events function in our documentation I’ve put an example there giving you an idea how you can use this function to query your events wherever you want: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/documentation/the-events-calendar-template-tags-general-functions/#functiontribe_get_events

Let me know whether or not that helped.

– Jonah

David
    Participant

I think I figured out what I want to do (thanks to your example! in that support page).

* Just a side note – The forum is clean yes, but I can’t find my posts easily, unless I am missing something?

Rob

Hey David. Thanks for the note; glad to hear you got that figured out.

Appreciate the feedback on the forum, too. This is certainly phase 1 of the forum’s life cycle so it’ll be changing down the road. But to find your own posts, the easiest method I’ve found is just clicking on your name from within a thread. It should show your headshot/bio followed by a list of everything you’ve posted. IE: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/users/supakat111/.

Hope that helps! Let us know what else we can do.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘Calling a list of Events outside of WordPress directory’ is closed to new replies.