Calendar will not display when using WooThemes Whitelight theme

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Calendar will not display when using WooThemes Whitelight theme

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Jordan
    Participant

Hello,

I’m hoping someone can help me out. I cannot get the calendar to display when using the Whitelight theme from WooThemes. My Events URL Slug is set to “calendar” and I can get the calendar to display using the 2011 default WordPress theme, but only the home page is displayed when my default theme is set to Whitelight.

I also have the WooCommerce plugin installed, but disabling it makes no difference. The calendar only displays when the Whitelight theme isn’t the active theme.

Thanks in advance for your help!
    Jordan

Joyce Grace

Hi Jordan, right now our search isn’t working so I wasn’t able to find solutions to this in particular with Whitelight theme. I will keep my eyes open though.

However for starters, can you try to make sure your permalinks are set to “postname” and if they are already, just try to reset them?

Can you also link to your site for us?

Thanks!

Jordan
    Participant

Hi Joyce, thanks for the reply. The permalinks are set to “postname” and i have tried resetting them, but still no calendar. Here is the URL: http://www.seahiker.coastmountainstudio.com.
    Thanks – Jordan

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Jordan,

Sorry for the delay in a followup here. I have the Whitelight theme and it works fine for me. Have you tried changing the Events Template option in Events > Settings > Template? How about deactivating all other plugins to see if there is a plugin conflict going on?

If neither of those things works I’d like to take a look at your administration area. Can you please email access to pro [at] tri [dot] be and reference this thread.

Thanks,
    Jonah

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Jordan,

I got your email and access to your website, thank you. I’m still not quite sure what’s going on here. Have you tried deactivating all other plugins to see if there’s a conflict? I haven’t tried testing with the Whitelight Commerce theme so maybe try it without that. Also, I wonder if this is an issue with the subdomain for some reason? It works fine for me with the base Whitelight theme and I’m not using a subdomain in my local dev environment. Can you test it without a subdomain?

Let me know if you have any luck with any of those steps.

Thanks,
    Jonah

Jordan
    Participant

Hi Jonah,
    Thanks for the reply. I have tried deactivating ALL plugins, but the problem did not get resolved until I switched to the 2011 theme. I also tried using the Whitelight theme instead of Whitelight Commerce, but it still didn’t work. I’ll try testing it without a subdomain and let you know what happens.

Thanks,
    Jordan

Jonah
    Participant

Sounds good Jordan, let me know how it goes without the subdomain.

Thanks,
    Jonah

Troy
    Participant

Hi Jonah, I’m having this exact same issue. I am developing locally on MAMP Pro on a local host http://troydean.dev with the Whitelight theme. All plugins disabled. The plugin works perfectly except my “events” page redirects to the homepage. It works fine on the Twenty Eleven theme.
    Any ideas?

Oh – and keep up the awesome work.

Troy
    Participant

By the way it makes no difference if I change the Events slug to “keynotes” or anything else. Swithcing templates in the Events > Settings page doesn’t help either.

Troy
    Participant
    Troy
    Participant

Oh yeah – one last thing worth noting: The events category pages work.

http://troydean.dev/events/category/workshop/ for example works fine.

Jonah
    Participant

Hi guys,

I can also confirm this in my local dev now running the latest version of Whitelight. I had been testing with an earlier version before. I’m not sure what the problem is but I’ve reported this to the team and will report back here when I know more. Thanks for your patience.

– Jonah

Troy
    Participant

I think this themes has a problem with “archive” pages for all custom post types. Do we need to create “archive-events.php” ? Just a thought.

Jonah
    Participant

Hi guys,

I researched this a bit further and got the devs involved but unfortunately we do not have the bandwidth to be able to help with this issue. It appears isolated to the Whitelight theme because I tried 3 other Woo Themes and they all worked fine. My suggestion would be to contact Woo support about this conflict and see if they can help you resolve it. Sorry for not being able to provide more here.

Regards,
    Jonah

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘Calendar will not display when using WooThemes Whitelight theme’ is closed to new replies.