Calendar Widget broken (possible jQuery problem)

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Calendar Widget broken (possible jQuery problem)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    barn2media
    Participant

Hello,

I’m using the Calendar widget about half way down the homepage of a development website and unfortunately the ajax does not work. When clicking on a date, we are sent to the top of the page instead of ajax loading the correct events.

Although when I deactivate the theme (Shoppica) and activate the default 2014 it works, I’m wondering if you have any experience of what may be going wrong.

There may be a conflict somewhere but the error console does not bring up any related error.

Are you able to provide any help or do you only offer support when using the default WordPress theme?

Regards,
    Steven

Barry

Hi Steven,

Certainly it becomes trickier when support issues relate to specific, non-default themes but we’re always happy to take a look and see if anything jumps out at us.

In this case, can I ask you to confirm (by private reply if you prefer) how I can access your site? I see you provided a password but it doesn’t seem to work (perhaps it was cut off?).

Thanks!

barn2media
    Participant

Hi Bary,

Sorry, you should be able to use the password in in the previous post now. I think the holding page was being temperamental as the password was reset but it’s been put back now.

Regards,
    Steven

Barry

Thanks!

I suspect the problem is with how the sidebar has been registered by your theme. When I look at the HTML I see this wrapper:

<div class="wpb_content_element span6 wpb_text_column">
        <!-- ... the widget itself ... -->
    </div>

Ordinarily I’d expect to see some other classes and an ID being applied, something like:

<div id="tribe-mini-calendar-x" class="wpb_content_element span6 wpb_text_column widget tribe_mini_calendar_widget">
        <!-- ... the widget itself ... -->
    </div>

Having those in place is essential for this widget to function as expected. A common source of this problem is when themes register sidebars but don’t provide a before_widget parameter in the general form seen here – so that’s a strong possibility and it may be worth taking this back to the theme author and asking if they’ll make a change or, if you feel confident doing so, opening up the code yourself and making the required change.

Does that help at all?

barn2media
    Participant

Hi Barry,

Ah I see, the widget is being registered with a before_widget parameter but it wasn’t making use of the default ID and classes. So I think this is why the calendar ID and classes were not being automatically applied.

I updated the register widget function and the correct calendar ID and classes are being called now but the same problem still remains.

These changes can be seen on the site, do you know of any other possible cause for this. It’s difficult to track without any console errors.

Many thanks,
    Steven

Barry

Hi Steven,

Something still doesn’t look right there. I see this class being applied to the widget container:

s_tribe_mini_calendar_widget

Ordinarily I’d expect this to be (no leading “s_”):

tribe_mini_calendar_widget

Is it possible a typo crept in when changing the code to register the sidebar, or something else of that order?

barn2media
    Participant

Hi Barry,

Excellent and thanks very much, this is now sorted and I’ve removed the “s_” from the class.

Regards,
    Steven

Barry

Awesome – I’ll go ahead and close this thread (but definitely feel free to create new threads as needed if you hit any other issues).

We’re also always interested in hearing your thoughts and experiences with The Events Calendar so far if you had a moment and wished to leave a review 🙂

Thanks!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Calendar Widget broken (possible jQuery problem)’ is closed to new replies.