Calendar view widget

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Calendar view widget

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    stratapolicy
    Participant

Hi,
    I just upgraded to PRO and when I use the events calendar widget, it blows the list view below the mini calendar out so the featured event title is huge and squished together. How do I fix that so it’s smaller and neater? Can I customize this easily or edit how the titles and fonts appear in the event list?

Thanks.
    Suzanne

Barry

Hi Suzanne,

Unfortunately the styling of some themes is, in a sense, so “strong” that it can carry over and influence things like our widgets.

What I’d recommend here is reviewing our Themer’s Guide which explains how to set up a custom events stylesheet (essentially, add a new file called tribe-events.css to directory named tribe-events within your theme — so you should end up with a file at wp-content/themes/your-theme/tribe-events/tribe-events.css).

Within that, try adding this code:

#theme-page .tribe-mini-calendar-event .list-info h2.entry-title.summary {
      font-size: 15px
    }

(You could also try adding it to the custom CSS area of your theme, if it provides such a facility.)

Does that help?

stratapolicy
    Participant

Yes that fixed the large header. Thank you! However, now the list won’t automatically populate when you come on the page like it did before. You have to actually click onto the calendar before any listed events show up below it. Does that make sense? I’m not sure why fixing the size changed it auto-filling….

Please advise.

Barry

Hi!

Unless removing/commenting out the above code resolves the problem I don’t think that is at the heart of this.

Is it possible the problem is actually because we’re at the end of February and you don’t have any further upcoming events this month? The thing is that – by design – the calendar widget only shows upcoming events in the current month when it initially loads (and, in your case and on today’s date, you have none).

Does that help/clarify things?

Barry

Hi! It’s been a while so I’m going to go ahead and close this thread. If we can help with anything else, though, please don’t hesitate to create new threads as needed. Thanks!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Calendar view widget’ is closed to new replies.