Calendar View shows wrong title and link for specific category

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Calendar View shows wrong title and link for specific category

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    dupagechildrens
    Participant

If you look at our October calendar, on the 4th & 18th, the “Bubble Bash” event (OR the 1st instance of “DuPage Children’s Museum Welcomes Tony Hale and His New Friend, Archibald” event – it’s shown both at different times) is the wrong title for the scheduled event. If you hover over for the tooltip, it shows the correct information for what is scheduled. If you click the link, it goes to the wrong event that matches the displayed title.

I’ve been using TEC & TECP for a year now, and have never seen this behavior. The two events that are showing up wrong are in the same category, “Tiny Great Performances,” and they have been replaced on the calendar by either the “Tony Hale” event or the “Bubble Bash” event. “Tony Hale” is the most recently added event, and “Bubble Bash” is the last event scheduled for this year, if that may have any meaning.

I can’t figure out any reason why this is happening. Any suggestions?

dupagechildrens
    Participant

I tried something.
    I created a new copy of one of the “Tiny Great Performances” posts that are being obscured and published it. This at first appeared to solve the problem, but didn’t really. For some reason, the events in this category are showing on the calendar in two different forms: First load of the page – they show up as “Bubble Bash” (last event in this year); Reload the page – they show as the most recent event published. This happens in all months.

Barry

Hi dupagechildrens,

I’m sorry you are experiencing difficulties.

Right now I’m not quite sure I see or fully understand the problem. If we look at DuPage Children’s Museum Welcomes Tony Hale and His New Friend, Archibald (on 4th October) first of all, the title in the month view grid matches the title in the tooltip, and the times in the tooltip match the times I see if I follow the actual link (both are 2.00-4.00pm).

Can you  clarify the problem/take me through it step-by-step?

Thanks!

dupagechildrens
    Participant

Barry,

Thank you for responding to this. In the time since my last post, I figured out a fix, so the issue is not showing up. I created a new event and step-by-step copied over content, tags, categories, etc. from the first one having trouble, and the new event is behaving as expected. So I will do the same with the others in the same category.

It was a very strange phenomenon and driving me nuts. I don’t know if I can give you more information to troubleshoot what could have been the source, but I’ll post again if the problem repeats.

Thanks again!

Barry

OK, well I’m glad it’s fixed at any rate.

I’ll leave this open for a little while longer in case you need to follow up on this (and if you after a while you come back and find we closed it please just create a new thread and drop a link in to this one to give the team some context).

Fingers crossed, though, that it was an unusual but temporary glitch 🙂

dupagechildrens
    Participant

No, it’s back. The problem is found on October 4. Hover over “Gustafer Yellowgold…” to see the problem.

dupagechildrens
    Participant

I’m doing another workaround – essentially creating two versions of the events, one without the appropriate categories. The problem won’t be visible again, but I’ll see if I can recreate it on a date far into the future, so it won’t be an issue for users.

Barry

Sure thing 🙂

…Or if you can distil it down to a set of easy-to-reproduce steps that might work, too, but it would be equally great to see a live example.

dupagechildrens
    Participant

Can you please look at this today? I can’t keep this information posted because it is incorrect, but I need to show you a live example. Go to http://dupagechildrens.org/events/2014-11/ and hover on the “Bubble Bash” events on 11/4 and 11/15. Bubble Bash is scheduled 12/31/2014. What you see on the hover is what should be showing on the calendar. I’ve tried several workarounds like recreating the events and changing categories (from “programs/public-programs/tiny-great-performances” to “tiny-great-performances” to “tgp”). It is only affecting those events. This is driving me crazy.

Barry

Hi there: I took a look but I’m not seeing anything called Bubble Bash – have they already been removed?

Would it be possible to create a test site and try to replicate there? That way you could leave the impacted events live without disrupting your real site – it would also allow you to run through our standard troubleshooting steps (and, similarly, avoid impacting your live site).

Is that viable?

dupagechildrens
    Participant

Yes, it seems that creating a new event changed the “Bubble Bash” to “Tiny Great Performances: Little Miss Ann”, which is an event to replace one of those misbehaving. So the November 4 version is correct, but November 15 is still wrong. I’ll see if I can replicate this somewhere else.

Barry

It would be awesome if you could.

Something like Duplicator makes it nice and easy to do this (and copies across your entire database, too) so that would almost certainly allow us to capture the problem and move it across to a test site where we could run through further troubleshooting without disrupting your live site.

Barry

Hi! It’s been a while so I’m going to go ahead and close this thread. If we can help with anything else, though, please don’t hesitate to create new threads as needed. Thanks!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘Calendar View shows wrong title and link for specific category’ is closed to new replies.