Calendar view / order by start time

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Calendar view / order by start time

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Julie Baldwin
    Participant

Hello,

On the calendar view for The Events Calendar, is it possible to order the items in a single day by their start time? As an example, in the website link I provided, look at September 1. I’d like the last event on that date to be the second event so that they show up in chronological (by start time) order.

Thank you!

Geoff

Hi Julie, and thanks for reaching out!

I see exactly what you mean — the events on the Month View of the calendar seem to be out of order and in some cases, in reverse order.

Would you be willing to head to Events > Settings > Help, copy the system information at the bottom of the screen and paste it here as a private reply? That will help me check your settings and configurations before we dive too deep into troubleshooting. For what it’s worth, I tested the order of events on my test site and the dates are ordered by start time as we’d expect. Hopefully checking your system information will lead to some insights about what’s going on.

Thanks!
    Geoff

Julie Baldwin
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff

Thanks so much for the system info, @julie!

Events should be ordered by start date on the calendar. The fact that they’re sorted by post date on your site makes me think there is a conflict somewhere causing the events to be out of order from what The Events Calendar does by default.

I do see you have a few third-party plugins that customize the calendar’s settings, like Event Rocket, The Events Calendar Shortcode, and The Events Calendar User CSS.

Just to confirm, you do want the events ordered by start date (the default behavior) instead of post date, correct?

If so, would you be willing to follow the steps outlined in this guide as a starting point? This will walk through the steps to get your site in a default WordPress environment with only the plugins by Modern Tribe active, which is essentially the same setup my test site uses. We can use that as a baseline for comparison and then see where there might be a conflict with either the theme or another installed plugin.

Let’s start there and see what we find. 🙂

Thanks!
    Geoff

Julie Baldwin
    Participant

This reply is private.

George
    Participant

This reply is private.

Julie Baldwin
    Participant

This reply is private.

George
    Participant

This reply is private.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Calendar view / order by start time’ is closed to new replies.