Calendar style to pick up theme style

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Calendar style to pick up theme style

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Morena

Ola!
    I am a super newbie and my fresh installed plugin does not look quite as good as I need to be.
    I am using a Theme Trust wordpress theme and would like the plugin to pick up as much of the styling as possible from this theme.

What is the suggested way to make edits to the calendar styling?

For example:
    http://s148084.gridserver.com/?post_type=tribe_events&eventDisplay=month

I need the page title to look like the others using the defined h1 tag. Also the text for the events list to use the style defined for in style.css:
    http://s148084.gridserver.com/?post_type=tribe_events

Thanks a lot in advance,
    Moca

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Moca,

You have complete control over the styling by modifying either your theme’s style.css file (adding the necessary selectors to target what you need in the plugin) or you can modify the events.css file located in /wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/resources/events.css – if you are going to modify this file, first make a copy and place in an ‘events’ folder in your theme which will protect your changes from future updates.

I hope that helps but let me know if you have any other questions on this.

Cheers,
    Jonah

Morena

Hi Jonah, thank you. I just did not get the duplicated file. I placed a copy of events.css into a newly created folder inside my theme. Now are you saying this is the file I should be editing and the plugin now knows to access that file instead of the other one?

If I want to add an additional div with a specify class around the calendar (in order to add the themes page title), which file should I attempt to do that?

Cheers,
    Moca

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Morena,

Yes the plugin knows to use that CSS file instead of the stock one included with the plugin.

To add a div around the calendar you could add this in the Settings > The Events Calendar > Template page in the before and after HTML boxes. Does that help?

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Calendar style to pick up theme style’ is closed to new replies.