Calendar Settings

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Calendar Settings

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Charmaine Taylor
    Participant

Hi,

My web designer has abandoned my website without fixing / correcting numerous issue. Can you help guide me through fixes the issues below (please note that I am not a designer and just trying to figure this out)?

1) Our events do not have Organizer they have Instructors. Where would I go to change “Organizer” to “Instructor”?

2) I have a button that links to the calendar list. It is supposed to show only classes in specific categories. However, it is not displaying classes in specific categories. The following is the code included to show classes in our Spiritual Inquiry & Practice category. Can you tell me what’s wrong with this code?
    Click Here to See all Spiritual Inquiry & Practice Classes!

3) When viewing the full monthly calendar, can we show more than 3 classes on the calendar without customers have to click on the “see more” link (maybe 5 classes)?

4) When viewing the monthly calendar, there are scroll options located at the bottom of the calendar (which allows users to scroll to the prior month or the next month). Can we add these scroll options to the top of the calendar also?

5) When we view the calendar in a list format, we don’t need to include the center’s address at the top of each class as all of our classes in the same location. How do I remove this?

6) In the “List” version of the calendar, can we display the product pictures that were added instead of the teachers pictures?

Thank you for all of your help.

Charmaine

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for using our plugins. Sorry for the issues with your developer.

I can try to help out out on each of your points, but limited in supporting customization so for some I may only have suggestions.

1) Our events do not have Organizer they have Instructors. Where would I go to change “Organizer” to “Instructor”?

This can be done by adding a snippet to your theme’s functions.php:

/**
    * The Events Calendar - Change the Organizer/Organizers
    * Add to a theme's functions.php or through a custom plugin
    * This changes the organizer slug, resave permalinks on your site after adding this filter to prevent 404 errors
    * @since 3.10
    */
    add_filter('tribe_organizer_label_singular', 'tec_change_organizer_label' );
    function tec_change_organizer_label() {
    return 'Instructor';
    }

add_filter('tribe_organizer_label_plural', 'tec_change_organizer_label_plural' );
    function tec_change_organizer_label_plural() {
    return 'Instructors';
    }

After adding that coding please resave your permalinks here: Admin > Settings > Permalinks

2) I have a button that links to the calendar list. It is supposed to show only classes in specific categories. However, it is not displaying classes in specific categories. The following is the code included to show classes in our Spiritual Inquiry & Practice category. Can you tell me what’s wrong with this code?

Try this link instead:

http://theopenmindcenter.com/view-calendar/category/spiritual-inquiry-practice/list/

That worked for me.

3) When viewing the full monthly calendar, can we show more than 3 classes on the calendar without customers have to click on the “see more” link (maybe 5 classes)?

This can be changed in the Event Settings here: Events > Settings > Display Tab > “Month view events per day”

4) When viewing the monthly calendar, there are scroll options located at the bottom of the calendar (which allows users to scroll to the prior month or the next month). Can we add these scroll options to the top of the calendar also?

This css will show those links:

#tribe-events-content #tribe-events-header .tribe-events-sub-nav .tribe-events-nav-next a, #tribe-events-content #tribe-events-header .tribe-events-sub-nav li {
    display: block;
    }

Add that css to your theme’s stylesheet or through a plugin such as Simple Custom CSS.

5) When we view the calendar in a list format, we don’t need to include the center’s address at the top of each class as all of our classes in the same location. How do I remove this?

Try out this css and add it the same as above:

.tribe-events-list .location .tribe-events-venue-details {
    display: none;
    }

6) In the “List” version of the calendar, can we display the product pictures that were added instead of the teachers pictures?

The list view is setup to use the featured image of the event. To show another image there please add that as the featured image. If you are looking for something beyond that it could be done with a customization on your part following our themer’s guide:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/themers-guide/

Let me know if you have any follow up questions.

Thanks

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Calendar Settings’ is closed to new replies.