Calendar Search Options

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Calendar Search Options

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Charmaine Taylor
    Participant

My developer has incorporated Events Calendar Pro into a new website we’re building. I would like to have a search option in our sidebar. The search option would allow customers to search on: Class Name, Class Category, Date, and possibly Teacher’s Name. Can Events Calendar Pro do that? Is there a widget or plugin that can do that?

Thanks,

Charmaine

Geoff

Hi there, Charmaine! Thanks for getting in touch and welcome back to the forums. 🙂

Great question. The search functionality is currently available only on the calendar page itself. I’m not aware of any other plugins that add that functionality in other places, unfortunately. You might be able to use a third-party plugin like Search Everything to add that widget into your site and limit the search to the events custom post type.

That is a really interesting idea though. In fact, I see it has been suggested on our UserVoice forum, which is where we track new feature requests. It would be awesome if you added your vote for it there so we can see there’s more interest in something like this.

In the meantime, however, I’m afraid it would take a fair level of custom development to make this happen that is beyond what we can support here in the forums.

Sorry I don’t have a concrete solution for you here, but does this at least help answer your question? Please let me know. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Charmaine Taylor
    Participant

Hi Geoff,

Would we be able to use https://theeventscalendar.com/product/wordpress-events-filterbar/ for the search option I’m trying to create? Can we use this filter bar as a widget?

Thanks,

Charmaine

Geoff

Hi Charmaine!

Filter Bar is excellent for drilling down events on the calendar page itself, but unfortunately does not include a similar widget that can be placed on any page or post.

I did come across this post where someone was able to add the Events search bar to a homepage: http://gregorypearcey.com/blog/add-tribe-events-search-bar-home-page/

That might be one way to go. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Geoff

Hey there, Charmaine! This thread has been quiet for a couple of weeks, so I’m going to go ahead and close it. Please feel free to start a new thread if you still have questions here and we’d be happy to help. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Calendar Search Options’ is closed to new replies.