Calendar Pro – recurring events – unique content per recurring event

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Calendar Pro – recurring events – unique content per recurring event

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Jerry

We have the same act on Thur 830, Fri 8, 1030, Sat 8, 1030, so, I’d setup a recurring event.

But, the amounts are different for each show. And, we could have a different link to ticketing per show.

Is this possible? With ACF or PODs?

TIA

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Jerry,

Unfortunately there is not a way to change information for specific instances of a recurring event. Sorry for the bad news there! However, we are working on implementing this functionality in the future, both for tickets and for event details. I’d recommend casting your vote for those feature requests (found at the links I included) so that you can stay up to date as we make progress on those new features. This also helps us determine which new features are the highest priority for our users so that we can plan our development efforts accordingly.

I’m sorry I don’t have a better solution for you in the meantime, but please let me know if you have any other questions!

Thanks,

Jennifer

Jerry

I voted on that feature. Too bad it’s not already here or there’s not a work around. Really need this ability. Thanks

Jennifer
    Keymaster

I completely understand, and we are definitely working on it! I wish I could give you a timeline as to when it may be released, but unfortunately I don’t have one at the moment.

Thanks for casting your vote for the request though! We’ll post updates there as we make progress on that feature.

Jerry

Is there any work around? Instead of using recurring events, create individual events with a “series” or “tour” as a category? Similar to GigPress’s tours? (I think Rockhouse Partners does this for their customers with etix.com)

Jennifer
    Keymaster

You could definitely use categories to group events and display them together around your site! With Events Calendar Pro’s shortcodes, you can enter a category parameter (as well as a parent category if you’d like to display multiple categories together) to display only events from that category anywhere on your site. Event categories also have their own pages.

If you’d like to pull in a more customized list of events, you could also use tribe_get_events and set the categories you would like to include.

Jerry

Thank you.

I figured out a work around. Going to use ACF on the main event for ticket links. And some conditional PHP code to display as needed.

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Great! I’m glad you were able to find a solution. If you have any other questions, please let me know!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Calendar Pro – recurring events – unique content per recurring event’ is closed to new replies.