Calendar Pro and Aggregator Add-On License Types

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Calendar Pro and Aggregator Add-On License Types

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Terrie Harbour
    Participant

Hello,

We’ve recently implemented Calendar Pro on finearts.tcu.edu multisite. We’d like to share the events down to the sites living in the multisite. I currently have a license to the Personal Calendar Pro and recently added the Aggregator Hub to our account. Did I purchase the wrong tool? I believe I need to upgrade Calendar Pro to multi-site and downgrade from the Hub to the Personal license (up to 10 sites). Fine Arts has a total of seven sites in their multisite install. Am I understanding this correctly? If so, can you help us restructure our account with you all and correct our licenses?

-Elaine

Courtney

Hi Elaine

Let’s see if I can sort this out. Is your goal to add the events at the parent site only? Some multisite users want specific calendars on the sub-sites with only details pertaining to that sub-site, but then cumulatively collect at the parent site. I’m just checking if that was your vision, or if you wanted only 1 place to update instead?

Event Aggregator can work on up to 10 unique domain names and counts based upon the total number of imports scheduled, not based upon the quantity of events imported. We have seen an issue when EA on multisite when there are many sub-sites, but that range of around 10 wouldn’t pose an issue. Once set up in either direction, you would use the “Other URL” feature to synchronize the sites.

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

Terrie Harbour
    Participant

Hi, Courtney,

Ideally, yes. I want finearts.tcu.edu to house the events so that there is
    one place to update. I want events in the sub sites to display only those
    pertaining to the sub sites. We have a total of seven websites in that one
    multisite install. For your reference:

Finearts.tcu.edu (main site) https://finearts.tcu.edu/events/
    Finearts.tcu.edu/art (sub site)
    Finearts.tcu.edu/graphic-design (sub site)
    Finearts.tcu.edu/idfm (sub site)
    Finearts.tcu.edu/dance (sub site)
    Finearts.tcu.edu/theatre (sub site) https://finearts.tcu.edu/theatre/ *RSS
    feed near bottom (Would like to use EA so events are listed in correct
    date order on sub sites)
    Finearts.tcu.edu/music (sub site) *not launched yet

Elaine Tubré, Interim Director
    Website & Social Media Management at TCU

On 8/18/17, 8:02 AM,
    [email protected] on behalf of
    The Events Calendar”
    <[email protected] on behalf of

Courtney

Thanks Elaine

What features of Events Calendar Pro are you using at the top level? (Often users get Pro for recurring events, layouts like Photoview, or to use shortcodes). Would you need those features also on the subsites? If so, upgrading your Pro license to cover the quantity of domains needed (I think Agency) would do this for you.

It sounds like you can downgrade Event Aggregator. To determine the right level, how many times per day across all 7 sites will you trigger the import to run?

To make the downgrade, please send an email to support [at] theeventscalendar [.] com. Review with them if they can move the difference toward the cost of upgrading Events Calendar Pro.

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Calendar Pro and Aggregator Add-On License Types’ is closed to new replies.