Calendar on Home Page, and shortcodes

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Calendar on Home Page, and shortcodes

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Keith
    Participant

Hi,

I see from the User Voice request, which is the most voted of all of the requests, that it was announced in March that work had begun on this feature, that you were very exited about it, and that it would be released in the following months. Could you give an update on the current status?

Cheers,
    Keith

Geoff

Hi Keith,

Thanks for getting in touch!

We made shortcodes available in 3.10 and they’re available for use right now. The shortcodes will embed any Events Calendar PRO widget on any page or post.

We’re keeping the feature request in Started status to continue collecting ideas and information for shortcodes. If you haven’t already, it would be awesome if you dropped in a note in there about what additional shortcodes or refinements to the existing shortcodes you would find helpful.

Setting the calendar as the site homepage sounds like it would be a separate, but related feature. The Event Rocket plugin currently allows this, though it’s worth noting that the plugin is no longer maintained.

Does this help answer your questions and give you an idea of where things are currently at? Pleaser let me know if you haven ay follow-up questions and I be happy to answer as best I can.

Cheers!
    Geoff

Keith
    Participant

Hi Geoff,

Thanks for the response. I have to admit I’m disappointed to read what you’ve written. I was referring specifically to the comment below, made by Admin on 27th March. From what you’ve written above, it sounds as this is no longer even on the radar, let alone close to release.

Over the past few releases we have rolled out a number of shortcodes including allowing you to embed the Mini Calendar and List Widget into pages. We are also hard at work on making the the full calendar views, such as Month, List, etc. embeddable via shortcode. That is no small undertaking and requires some significant underlying architectural changes. This will allow you to embed the main calendar view with the Tribe Bar on other pages, including your home page. This will be released in the coming months. Thanks for all the feedback! We are very excited to offer a full suite of shortcodes.

Cheers,
    Keith

Brook
    Participant

Howdy Keith,

I am filling in for Geoff since he is out on holiday this week. I actually wrote the status you are referring to.

That status is still quite accurate. We are planning to launch full view shortcodes as soon as we can. We did have a hiccup after that announcement in our scheduling. One of the teams within Modern Tribe was building a large website for a client, when the client asked them to add shortcode capabilities to the calendar. And so we on this team were given a gift of extra manpower to help build a highly sought after feature. We worked with the other team, got everything specced out, and began work. Then the client changed their mind and our extra manpower was allocated towards their new need. This shifted the schedule of the final shortcodes, but by no means has it removed them from our roadmap.

The reason Geoff said that would be a separate feature is because on the one hand it could be. Making the events page your home page is actually something we could build separately from full view shortcodes and much faster. So it never hurts to break out your needs as specifically as possible. This is actually a thing we learned from the shortcodes request. As you know it is technically our most popular feature request. Yet, because we did not break it out early on it is unknown how many of those folks needed the shortcodes we added last year, or still want the upcoming ones. So as a policy we now try to get very specific with feature requests.

We dot not have an ETA yet on when the final shortcodes will be added. It’s simply not possible to do anything but a wild guess at this point as it is still a few items down the roadmap. But as soon as we do have an ETA we will update that UserVoice post.

Does that answer your question?

Cheers!

– Brook

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Calendar on Home Page, and shortcodes’ is closed to new replies.