Help Desk

Calendar no longer loading. Getting a 404 error

Hi,

I opened a ticket on 5/25/18 for the same problem. This issue has never been fixed. When The Events Calendar plugin is activated it throws 501 errors when attempting to log in, updating any plugins, updating content, navigating to different pages as well as the backend pages freeze so you can’t scroll up or down. The site is basically unusable when The Events Calendar is activated.

I just reactivated The Events Calendar plugin along with the not being able to scroll on the backend we are getting a 404 error on the calendar page.

Hi There!

I’m sorry to hear you are still experiencing those issues.

I’d be happy to help you troubleshoot the issue and hopefully find the source of the problem.

First, from your system information I can see that your WP_MEMORY_LIMIT is set to 128MB, which seems a little low since you have many plugins enabled. This could be causing the limit to be reached when navigating through some pages and thus throwing errors and preventing you or your users from navigating the site.

I recommend you try raising the memory limit for your WordPress installation and see if you still get the errors. You can learn how to do that here > https://codex.wordpress.org/Editing_wp-config.php#Increasing_memory_allocated_to_PHP

We always suggest to setup a dev/staging site so you can test things out and make all plugins, theme and WordPress core updates without disrupting the live site.

If you still get errors, please enable WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG. This will create a debug.log file inside the /wp-content directory.

After that, try reproducing the issue a few times, so that in case there is an error, it will be saved into the debug.log file. Please share that log file with us so we can see if any problem from there.

Please let us know how it goes.

Thanks,
    Victor

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team