Calendar month navigation with ajax: problem in Internet Explorer

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Calendar month navigation with ajax: problem in Internet Explorer

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Guillermo
    Participant

Hi,
    I have purchased a single license of Events Calendar, it works perfectly but I have a problem with the calendar view and Internet Explorer.
    In the calendar header, I have two navigation links for next/previous month. This links are changing the URL and reloading the page in Internet Explorer 7 and 8. The rest of browsers are working fine, they reload only the calendar box while navigating across months.

I just want the calendar to reload only its box, not the page. Is it possible?
    Do you know how can I fix this?
    I am using the default template code from the plugin.

Live example:
    http://testing.idibay.com/mwmeventscalendar/?page_id=12

Thanks,
    Guillermo

Hi Guillermo,

I’ll double check with the team but I think older versions of IE couldn’t handle modern ajax calls properly so we had to make them page refresh rather than use ajax.

To be clear – if you use the next / prev buttons in ie7/8 in cal view – does it take you to the next month or just reload the current month?

Guillermo
    Participant

Hi Shane,
    clicking on next month link in IE 7/8 takes me to the next month, but reloading the page and the URL in the browser bar. You can try it n the live example I mentioned above.
    Thanks!

Ok then that is correct (sorry I don’t have IE 7 / 8 to try). Only modern browsers use ajax to reload the calendar content without reloading the page. Older browsers load the correct content but as a full page load (as you noted). If I am not understanding the issue, perhaps you could include a small screencast?

Guillermo
    Participant

Hi Shane,
    so reading your response… can I understand that you are not going to support Ajax navigation in calendar for Internet Explorer 7 and 8? I think it’s a big mistake and can’t believe it.

What “modern ajax calls” is the calendar using? I can see a lot of other calendars with Ajax navigation working fine in IE 6, IE 7 and IE8.

I am really happy with Events Calendar plugin and hope it is a bug and can be fixed.

I have recorded an screencast showing the error:
    http://vimeo.com/30677124

Hi Guillermo,

I can understand your frustration. For the time being we have to draw a line at some point back into browser histories. It should work on IE8 and if it doesn’t we will fix it. We are not providing support for IE 7 & below. Event Google doesn’t support IE7 anymore (after all there are two newer versions of the platform and IE10 beta is due april).

I’ve logged a bug for IE8 for the team to check.

From John: “That’s because IE8 and older browsers don’t support the javascript history api that
    allows you to rewrite the URL.”

Wesley E Childers
    Participant

Any way to force the old style for all browsers instead of using the ajax view?

Rob

Hi Wes. I can check with our developer John to see if he has any suggestions on how you could do that.

Rob

Talked to the dev about your request, Wes, and he wasn’t quite sure what you meant; in IE8 and below the links just work exactly like normal links. In other browsers they do AJAX.

To clarify for the previous post in this thread – the reason we don’t do AJAX in IE is because they don’t support replacing the URL in the title bar.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Calendar month navigation with ajax: problem in Internet Explorer’ is closed to new replies.