Calendar is not displaying properly

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Calendar is not displaying properly

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Erica
    Participant

My calendar isn’t displaying properly, and I’m not sure where to start or how to fix it. Any tips would be appreciated! Thank you

Neill

Hi Erica!

Sorry to hear about your display woes. Ans as far as where to start the support team here is a good start 😉

It looks like you clicked the box in the forum that says you did try using a default theme. Are you still seeing an issue when that happens? If not – what theme are you using?

Also – to be clear on some of the issues, I see the following from your screenshot:

– Filter bar category drop town options are cut off
    – Submit button text looks like its not aligned correctly

Is there anything else that the screenshot isn’t showing? Additionally this blog post talks a little about theme conflicts: https://theeventscalendar.com/compatible-themes-the-events-calendar/ – this might help you pick out some specific issues you might be seeing and help point those out to us.

Let me know what you find and we’ll see if we can dig a little deeper for you.

Neill

Erica
    Participant

Hi Neill,

Yes, I deactivated my current theme (Highend) and activated Twenty Sixteen and still had a problem. I also deactivated all of the other plugins, and it still looked wonky.

And yes, you’ve summarized the problems nicely. It looks like the main issue is with the filter bar.

Took a look at the blog, and nothing really stood out to me.

Looking forward to your help! 🙂

Thanks,

Erica

Erica
    Participant

Just adjusting some settings and the filters, and I’m still getting a strange layout. Would appreciate any suggestions.

Brook
    Participant

Howdy Erica!

I’d love to help you with this, thank you for clarifying what is happening.

If you share a link to the website I might be able to offer you the CSS you’ll need to patch it. I can’t promise anything except that I’ll give it my best effort.

Based on your screenshot I’m guessing those items are inheriting a negative text-indent from somewhere. Typically your theme is the primary thing that adds CSS everywhere, but sometimes it can be a plugin or something else odd. Using a browser inspector any CSS expert can look at the element, see what CSS it’s inheriting and from where, and thus find ways to fix the problem. So I can try that, or whoever you typically use for CSS issues should be able to as well.

Cheers!

– Brook

Erica
    Participant

Thanks Brook. The link is http://www.mombreak.org.

Erica
    Participant

Hi Brook – Any thoughts of this? I’ve reached out to my theme as well, but I’m no closer to find a resolution. Excited to start using this plugin, but can’t use it effectively if the filters don’t work.

Brook
    Participant

Howdy Erica,

Thank you for the link! That really helped. It looks like inserting some simple CSS should make your theme compatible with The Events Calendar:

#tribe_events_filters_wrapper label {
    text-indent: 0;
    }

If you’ve never inserted CSS before, checkout this guide for a nice walkthrough.

Does that all make sense? Did that work for you?

Cheers!

– Brook

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Calendar is not displaying properly’ is closed to new replies.