Calendar is missing

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Calendar is missing

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    cadasb
    Participant

Up until yesterday, the CALENDAR PRO was working and active on our website. This morning it is gone… and the MESSAGE at the top of the PLUGIN page says: To begin using Events Calendar PRO, please install the latest version of The Events Calendar.

When I try to download, it just fails each time.

This is urgent. My client needs their calendar to be working and dependable.

Caroline

Hi Rachael,

Thanks for getting in touch, and I’m so sorry for the trouble here. I’d be more than glad to help you troubleshoot this issue and get things back on track as quickly as possible.

Can you confirm that both The Events Calendar and Events Calendar PRO are currently installed and activated on your WordPress site? If so, what version numbers are displaying for each of the two plugins?

Are you attempting to install or update a plugin through the WordPress backend itself? Which plugin fails when attempting to install or update?

Thanks in advance for any information you can provide–we’ll get to the bottom of this issue as soon as we can! 🙂

cadasb
    Participant

Events Calendar PRO is installed — Version 4.3.3
    The Events Calendar: Filter Bar — Version 4.3.3
    The Events Calendar: Community Events — Version 4.3.1

As I said before, all of a sudden, the events calendar is no longer installed but when I attempt to install, it fails. Yes, I am adding it through WordPress backend.
    “Installation failed: Destination folder already exists.”

Thank you for your help.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 4 months ago by cadasb. Reason: added error message
    Caroline

Hi Rachael,

Thanks for following up with some more information here. Are you able to try temporarily disabling (but not uninstalling) all of your other The Events Calendar plugins, then attempting to install The Events Calendar again? Let me know if disabling allows you to complete the installation successfully–if not, we’ll see about finding another way to get The Events Calendar brought back into the fold.

Thank you!

cadasb
    Participant

Is it possible to have you login to the site and assist?

Caroline

Hi Rachael,

Unfortunately, for security reasons, we aren’t able to log into customer sites directly for troubleshooting purposes. I’m sorry for the inconvenience. 🙁 That said, we’d love to work together with you on some steps to try and suss out the issue here! Let me know if you should have any questions or if I can provide more clarity on any of our requests–we’re more than glad to take the extra time to make sure everyone’s on the same page.

Are you (or anyone at your organization) able to log into your site’s server via FTP to interact with your WordPress files directly? If so, can you unzip the ZIP file for The Events Calendar, navigate to the /wp-content/plugins directory in your WordPress root folder, and upload the unzipped folder there (replacing any files or folders when prompted)? Using FTP should allow you to bypass the error message you receive when uploading through WordPress, and you should be able to return to your WordPress backend and refresh to see your changes.

Thanks, and please don’t hesitate to follow up if you should have any questions!

cadasb
    Participant

I am really frustrated. I deactivated the other plugins for Modern Tribe and tried again to install “THE EVENTS CALENDAR” and got this message again…
    Installation failed: Destination folder already exists.

I am a little concerned to into the FTP files and cause more issues. I only have the zip file for the PRO, not for the basic.

Why did it go inactive in the first place. We did not make any changes that would have caused this???

Caroline

Hi Rachael,

I completely empathize with your frustrations here–I’m so sorry for the continued issues you’re experiencing on your site. This was a bug that we identified with certain users on version 4.3.3 of our plugins, which we’ve corrected in more recent plugin updates. As such, we’d definitely like to get you up-to-date with us as soon as possible so you won’t continue to see this problem crop up! I’m happy to provide as much guidance as needed to make sure you can FTP in safely and perform a manual update. Your events will remain safe and sound where you left them–deleting any plugin via FTP or cPanel’s File Manager (i.e. deleting just the files from the server) will ensure a plugin gets deleted (if you delete the entire plugin folder) without removing any data from the database.

First things first, you can download the latest ZIP file for the core version of The Events Calendar here–click the orange “Download” button, save the file to your hard drive, then double-click the ZIP file to extract the contents. This should generate a folder full of files.

Using your FTP client of choice, connect to your site’s server and navigate to the /wp-content/plugins subfolder in your root WordPress folder. (If you need assistance with connecting to and using FTP, this article may be a helpful resource to get you started!) Once you’re in the /plugins subfolder, using your FTP client, choose the “Upload” option and select the folder you extracted from The Events Calendar ZIP file. If asked, confirm that you’d like to overwrite any existing files, and wait for the process to complete.

Once the upload has fully completed, you can return to your browser window and log into your WordPress backend. Click Plugins in the sidebar, and check to see if The Events Calendar is installed–if so, you should be able to reactivate it, and from there, you can safely update your other plugins to their latest versions.

Let me know if you should have any other questions or if I can clarify anything else for you! Thanks so much for your patience–rest assured we’re here to help, and we’ll do our best to get things resolved for you ASAP!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Calendar is missing’ is closed to new replies.