Calendar ICON with Date not formatted correctly?

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Calendar ICON with Date not formatted correctly?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Mike
    Participant

Looking at your demo site at

http://wpshindig.com/event-widgets/

The Calendar ICONs with the dates in the sidebar do not seem to be formatted correctly – there no border on the right? I have also seen this issue in other places.

I thought the icon was supposed to horizontally symmetrical such as in the image?

http://wpshindig.com/content/uploads/2012/12/widget-example-mini-cal.png

Looks very sloppy and would be a showstopper for me.

Caroline

Hi Mike,

Thanks so much for taking the time to bring this issue to our attention! This does appear to be a glitch with our WP Shindig demo site specifically, and I’ve gone ahead and ticketed it in our bug tracking system for further review. In the meantime, please rest assured that this bug as it’s seen here does not exist in the current versions of our plugins–I’ve just tested to be certain and can confirm that the issue is not reproducible. 🙂

I hope that helps! Thanks again, and let us know if you should have any other questions or concerns!

Mike

Hi, Caroline,

Actually I think the problem does exist & is reproducible in your pro plugin – here’s a test page I created:

https://www.tcghs.net/biography/gettysburg-address/

I figured I was doing something wrong until I saw your demo site had the same issue.

Mike

Caroline

Hi Mike,

Very interesting–thanks for sharing a link to another example of this problem in the wild! It’s quite possible that a version of the older bug may still be present for certain non-default WordPress themes, in this case. I’ll add this data to our existing bug ticket and will reach out to our development team for further insights! I’ll follow up with you before the end of the week with some more information (but please don’t hesitate to post another reply here if you haven’t heard back by Friday afternoon). 🙂

Thanks again, and we’ll be in touch!

Caroline

Hi Mike,

Thanks so much for waiting! I’ve gone ahead and updated our bug ticket with some more information here, and an official fix is currently pending–in the meantime, I’ve pushed a temporary CSS “patch” to our WP Shindig demo site to resolve the issue there. If you’d like to add this CSS to your site, as well, you can use the following:

.tribe-mini-calendar-event .list-date .list-dayname {
         box-sizing: border-box;
    }

Simply add this CSS to a new CSS file as detailed in our Knowledgebase article here, and you should see the change reflected immediately on your site once the file has been saved.

I hope that helps! Thanks again, and let us know if you should have any other questions!

Mike

Caroline,

Custom css worked like a charm!

Thanks much – will I need to remove it at some point when the final fix is issued?

Have a great weekend!
    Mike

Caroline

Hi Mike,

Great, so glad to hear it! You’re very welcome–and no, you shouldn’t need to remove it when the final fix is available, but you certainly can if you’d prefer to keep things tidy in your custom CSS file. 🙂

Since it looks like you’re all sorted by now, I’m going to go ahead and close this thread out, if that’s alright! Please don’t hesitate to follow up with a new thread if there’s anything else that we can do to assist. Thanks again, and have a great rest of your week!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Calendar ICON with Date not formatted correctly?’ is closed to new replies.