Calendar header missing month

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Calendar header missing month

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Catherine
    Participant

Above my Calendar where it used to say “Events for February” now reads only “Events for” and then it’s blank.
    Have searched forum and don’t see a similar post. Ideas?

Josh
    Participant

Hey Catherine,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

Definitely a strange issue to be having. Hopefully we can help to sort this out for you quickly.

A couple of questions to help us to get more information:

1. Can you ensure that both your Events Calendar and Events Calendar PRO plugins are updated to the latest versions (3.9.x)?
    2. Was there anything that changed on your site prior to this issue coming up? (a plugin added/updated, a theme changed, etc. )
    3. Does the issue persist if you change the “Events Template” (https://cloudup.com/cBaPhRMwxUF) in the Event Settings > Display options to something other than it’s current selection.
    4. Does the issue persist after following the Testing for Conflicts procedures?

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks!

Catherine
    Participant

Thank you for response. Yes, all updated 3.9, nothing that I know of changed before this happened – it had been appearing fine though. I had changed the template setting as the weekdays were not showing and the week was starting on Monday so changed that little settings – but otherwise nothing major. I tried deactivating each plugin too to see if it was any one. Maybe a conflict with the theme but not sure why that would suddenly happen when it had been ok. How does one change that text there anyway?

Catherine
    Participant

Help!

Josh
    Participant

Hey,

I’m sorry for the delay in response. Our team is taking some time away together this week in the Dominican Republic.

When you changed the “template settings” was this the setting that you changed (https://cloudup.com/c8Xxnuz0S5b) If so, what setting do you have there? Does the issue persist if you switch to a default theme such as the TwentyFourteen theme?

Also, if that original setting was set to “Default Events Template” and you were experiencing issues with the week view, I’m curious to know more about the issues you were seeing with that view.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks!

Catherine
    Participant

Yes, I have done all of that – I had been mistakenly on default page template and that’s why there were no weekday headers appearing. I changed to events setting and they appeared – but I don’t think that’s anything to do with this problem. I have tried all combos of settings, themes etc., see http://irishculturebayarea.com/events/2015-03/
    a) missing half the month header
    b) missing nice tooltip I used to have
    c) original problem was not venue appears in tooltip which I see is a repeated issue on the forums (event – first thing I look for is where it’s on) whoever sent me snippet to fix this just sent the same one again…doesn’t work

Three significant problems. Like I said in my email I will never bother you guys again if you help me. Issues going on since Feb 4th and now it’s the 26th and this calendar is out there for approval and all my work is at stake!

Catherine
    Participant

This reply is private.

Catherine
    Participant

Please give me some advice – this is a big problem for visitors to my calendar – and the date is missing on listings too Hi,
    The pressing thing is half the calendar header missing and no date on listings

http://irishculturebayarea.com/?post_type=tribe_events

Still no tooltip

Can I start all over?

Big problems

Josh
    Participant

Hey Catherine,

I apologize again for the delay. We’re just getting back in town and back to our normal schedules.

I tested on the Parabola theme that you’ve currently got active and found a few things that may help:

1. I wasn’t able to replicate the missing header date, it is working as expected with the Parabola theme active. Have you tried turning on WP_DEBUG (http://codex.wordpress.org/WP_DEBUG) to see if there are any errors on the site that get displayed when viewing the calendar. The most likely culprit would be a customization or code from another plugin that is causing a conflict.
    2. I’m noticing the issue with the tooltip not displaying with the Parabola theme active but not with a default WordPress theme. Looks like there may be some styles that are conflicting with the default functionality of that feature. I did some digging within the browser but it will take some further digging within the stylesheet to narrow down the exact culprit. Unfortunately customizations to work with theme compatibility issues is beyond the scope of what we’re able to provide within support.
    3. Can you provide the snippet that you used to try to add the venue to the tooltip?

Thanks!

Catherine
    Participant

Thanks Josh,
    The tooltip was there before, and very nice it was too. Is it possible if it was working that a conflict would happen slowly (if you know what I mean?)

What would it take to start all over? And keep entered event info

Catherine
    Participant

I can’t even find a wp-config.php

I could cry – I’m not a developer

Here’s snippet info (although this is moot till we get the tooltip back…)

<script type=”text/html” id=”tribe_tmpl_tooltip”>
    <div id=”tribe-events-tooltip-[[=eventId]]” class=”tribe-events-tooltip”>
    <h4 class=”entry-title summary”>[[=title]]</h4>
    <div class=”tribe-events-event-body”>
    <div class=”duration”>
    <abbr class=”tribe-events-abbr updated published dtstart”>[[=dateDisplay]] </abbr>
    </div>
    [[ if(imageTooltipSrc.length) { ]]
    <div class=”tribe-events-event-thumb”>
    [[=title]]
    </div>
    [[ } ]]
    [[ if(excerpt.length) { ]]
    <p class=”entry-summary description”>[[=raw excerpt]]</p>
    [[ } ]]
    [[ if(venue.length) { ]]
    <p class=”entry-venue”>[[=raw venue]]</p>
    [[ } ]]
    <span class=”tribe-events-arrow”></span>
    </div>
    </div>
    </script>

add_filter( ‘tribe_events_template_data_array’, ‘tec_forum_939516’, 11, 3 );
    function tec_forum_939516( $json, $event, $additional ){
    if ( tribe_has_venue( $event ) ){
    $json[‘venue’] = ‘Venue: <b>’ . tribe_get_venue( $event ) . ‘</b>’;
    } else {
    $json[‘venue’] = ”;
    }
    return $json;
    }

Josh
    Participant

Hey Catherine,

I apologize for the confusion. The “wp_config.php” file will be found in the root of your WordPress install, not within the theme files. This is along with the wp-admin, wp-content, and wp-includes folders as well as all the other default WordPress files. By doing this, we’ll most likely get the info we need to figure out where the conflict for the titles missing the dates is occurring however this will not address the tooltip issue.

Looking into the theme I didn’t see anything that stood out as obvious that would be affecting the tooltip within the theme’s stylesheet however it is my suspicion that is where the conflict is occurring. Unfortunately too much more would be stepping into the realm of customization with the current theme to make it compatible that is beyond the scope of what we’re able to provide in support.

Let me know if you have any further questions on the WP_DEBUG setting. When you get it set let us know and we can take a look at the error to help get you pointed in the right direction for the conflict.

Thanks!

Catherine
    Participant

Thanks – will keep you posted

Catherine
    Participant

Hi,
    Yes I know that is where wp_config.php should be, but it’s not. The wp-admin, wp-content, and wp-includes are all there alright. So maybe this is the prob and I need to figure out why this is and how to make this file

Josh
    Participant

Hey Catherine,

I apologize, it should be “wp-config.php” rather than “_”. Without this file, your WordPress installation would not be able to connect to the associated database so it should be there. However, it is potentially possible that your host may be blocking access to the file. So, check again with the correct name of “wp-config.php”. If you aren’t able to find it, check with your hosting provider to see if that is something that you do have access to.

Thanks!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • The topic ‘Calendar header missing month’ is closed to new replies.