Calendar format not correct for UK

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Calendar format not correct for UK

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    welshartnow
    Participant

My users can submit events anon see link below. However the date format is American not British ie 2014-05-18 (USA) as opposed to 18-05-2014 this will cause a great deal of confusion for my users, can I change it? My wordpress date format is set as I require.
    Thank you

Barry

Hi!

Right now there is no particularly straightforward means of changing this, though we’re working on making datepicker formats more customizable and that ought to be ready in an upcoming release, so hang tight!

To clarify though, we’re not particularly preferring the US format over any other (in fact, yyyy-mm-dd is more of a “computer format” than a local one – in the US mm/dd/yyyy is typically preferred) and the fundamental challenge is that it is a quite complex thing to reimplement the complete range of PHP date and time formats (which are used by WordPress) in a Javascript component such as a datepicker.

Bear with us though and hopefully some changes we’re working on will cascade down to Community Events and improve the situation some 🙂

welshartnow
    Participant

OK thank you Barry, from a usability point of view Brits get confused when dates are not in recognized format, so look forward to future changes.

Barry

I can definitely relate to that – and thanks for your patience – I think the next release will contain some changes that meet your needs here.

Cheers!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Calendar format not correct for UK’ is closed to new replies.