Calendar Events Overlap after latest update

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Calendar Events Overlap after latest update

• This topic has 14 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Martha.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Martha
    Participant

I installed the latest updates this evening, and now I am noticing that when I browse through the calendar in Photo mode, some of the events overlap vertically.

I initially thought this might be a problem with the size of the featured image, since some of our Community users are uploading some very large images. I tried reducing the size of the images, and some of the problems disappeared but not all of them. I know that there is a 4 MB limit on the size of the pictures – but are there any limits on the dimensions?

I can’t see any pattern – i.e. the overlaps can happen anywhere on the page, not just in one particular column or row. Also, I wondered if it was just recurring events and not the single ones, but that doesn’t seem to be the case either.

I just tried to get a screen shot of the problem for you, so I zoomed out so that you could see the whole page, and the problem disappeared. When I zoomed back in, the problem was still gone. So now I am completely mystified.

At any rate, what happens is that the picture from one event slides up so that it is partially covering the text of the event above it instead of leaving a space between each event. I have been adding a lot of events in the past couple of days, and I don’t know if this problem was happening before I installed the update or not. I think I would have noticed it.

Any suggestions on what might be causing the problem?

Martha
    Participant

I just noticed that if I refresh the screen, the overlaps disappear. So they only seem to happen when I am browsing from page to page using the arrows at the bottom of the page that say “Next Events” or “Previous Events.”

Martha
    Participant

I just noticed that if I refresh the screen, the overlaps disappear. So they only seem to happen when I am browsing from page to page using the arrows at the bottom of the page that say “Next Events” or “Previous Events.”

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello Martha,

I am so sorry you are having this issue with the images covering the content. I would be happy to help you solve this issue.

In order to be able to help you I would like to ask if you could share your system information withe me. Here is a nice detailed guide which describes how you can do that.

Guide for sharing your system information

Thanks and looking forward!

Cheers,
    Andras

Martha
    Participant

Dear Andras,
    The link you provided did not go to a guide for sharing system information.
    Martha

Martha
    Participant

This reply is private.

Martha
    Participant

This reply is private.

Andras
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

Martha
    Participant

This reply is private.

Andras
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

Martha
    Participant

This reply is private.

Andras
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

George
    Participant

This reply is private.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘Calendar Events Overlap after latest update’ is closed to new replies.