Calendar / Events not working.

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Calendar / Events not working.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    sammioneill
    Participant

Please help.

My calendar and events are not working. The WHOLE events side has DISAPPEARED from my site, 100s of events.

I believe I am all paid up.

I have version 4.4.1 PRO & 4.4 Filter Bar.

It tells me
    To begin using Events Calendar PRO, please install the latest version of The Events Calendar.
    To begin using The Events Calendar: Filter Bar, please install the latest version of The Events Calendar.

But when I click Install NOTHING happens.

I have had other issues too
    https://wordpress.org/support/topic/site-down-due-to-plugin/#post-8809962
    but they seem to be resolved. The whole events side of my site has bee down for nearly a week now.
    Please please help or tell me ow to resolve this.

Sammi

Cliff

Hi. Yikes! Sorry you’re experiencing this.

We’d NEVER delete your data due to non-payment or anything else related to that scenario. That code doesn’t even exist in our plugins.

It sounds like The Events Calendar (TEC) core/free plugin is not installed and activated.

Andy (author of https://wordpress.org/plugins/the-events-calendar-category-colors/) was helping you in that WordPress.org support topic and rightly directed you to create a topic here.

Once your TEC plugin is active, you should be able to navigate to wp-admin > Events > Help, and then please share your System Information. That will give me a lot of extra information to help diagnose the problem, assuming it’s still not resolved by simply activating TEC.

Andy Fragen

Curiouser and Curiouser.

The events calendar has always worked perfectly and I certainly haven’t deinstalled it – it is just not showing.

I have been to plugins and tried to install it again but an error message appears:

Installation failed: Destination folder already exists.

Please advise.

S

sammioneill
    Participant

Gremlins in the works eeryway – it wasn’t Andy who osted that it was me.

Cliff

Hi, Andy. Thanks for helping out here.

You’ll have to login via SFTP or cPanel File Manager (or whatever your host uses) and delete the wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar folder.

I’m not sure how/why this might have happened–maybe server permissions?–but I’ve seen this happen to a couple others sporadically.

Once you delete that “the-events-calendar” directory, you should be able to re-install The Events Calendar via wp-admin > Plugins > Add New > Search.

Please let me know how this goes for you.

sammioneill
    Participant

If I delete these old version and reinstall, will all my events, tags, photos etc still be there?

Cliff

Deleting The Events Calendar or its add-on plugins will NOT delete any of your data if you delete it via the WordPress plugin manager because that’s how we’ve decided to code our plugin.

FYI: deleting any plugin via FTP or cPanel’s File Manager (i.e. deleting just the files from the server) will also ensure a plugin gets deleted (if you delete the entire plugin folder) without removing any data from the database. This can sometimes be helpful to know in cases where a plugin does run an uninstall routine to delete data (again, our plugins do not run such a routine at this time and probably never will).

You can also see the difference when you click to delete a plugin, like this.

sammioneill
    Participant

I cannot find out how to do this 🙁

I am not very technical I am afraid.

This is week 2 of the plugin being down.

Is there a way I can apply for a refund on my plugins?

Cliff

You should seek assistance with this from your web host’s support.

Your issue is with the free/core plugin. Once that is resolved, things should be working for you. Please report back.

sammioneill
    Participant

Thank you for your help.

My host provider needed to go into the back end of the site (cpanel??) and change some file names which allowed me to reinstall the Events Calendar.

He had not idea why it malfunctioned.

But phew – all up and running again.

Sammi

Cliff

Excellent! I’m glad they were able to assist you with this.

Since you marked this topic as Resolved, I’ll Close it to new replies.

If you have something else come up in the future, please create a new topic here instead of on WordPress.org, since we offer more timely and thorough support here for our paid users.

Have a great week!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Calendar / Events not working.’ is closed to new replies.