Calendar Entry Without Event Page?

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Calendar Entry Without Event Page?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Jim
    Participant

My group has a lot of “save the date” type events, where we know what date we’re setting aside, but either A) Don’t know where the event is going to be or B) no details are necessary because everyone knows them (board meetings, e.g.). I don’t want to have to make an Event page for some of these, and for others it’s simply too early but I do want people to be able to see that there is GOING to be an event on that date in the future (again, board meetings, general meetings, etc.).

Can I create a calendar entry that simply saves the date without having to create an Event page to go with it?

Thanks

Nico

Hi there Jim,

Thanks for getting in touch and for the detailed description of what you are trying to achieve!

Per default this is not possible, all new events have a details (single event) page. But maybe if you assign a special category to to these ‘save the date’ events and customize the views a bit it can be possible.

Just to be sure, you wan these events to show in the calendar front-end but eliminate the link to enter the single event page, right? If this is the case, which views are you using in the calendar front-end?

On the other hand if this is just a back-end thing, then you can create these events as Drafts and publish them to the site once they are ready to go.

Can I create a calendar entry that simply saves the date without having to create an Event page to go with it?

The process in the back-end, the event creation will be the same! Not sure if you are looking for a different workflow on this side as well.

Please let me know about it,
    Best,
    Nico

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Calendar Entry Without Event Page?’ is closed to new replies.